Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) I glued a drawertogetherwith...
dave Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote: > http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html

New PC Compressor
Has anyone had any experience with the new Porter-Cable air compressors, specifically the model C3151 Lowe's has been selling recently? I can't seem to find any reviews, but it looks like a nice piece...
2
2

Re: Why not use a dado blade?
I don't think that's right. Let's take some big numbers to make it clearer: you set the jig so the blade is 2" away from the face of the jig. You run a 3" thick piece through it, once from each side....
2
2

Re: Outside window trim???
Poplar.
2
2

Re: Need tips for cutting melamine!
Rule of thumb is to use gloss only on new floors since refinsihed floors generally don't get as "clean" as new ones and the gloss does show too much. If the floor is really not recoverable to a nice...
6
6

Re: year round coffee in the shop?
Yeah - that would be me as well (unless I'm sweating to the point of dehydration - then it's either water or sports drinks for health reasons.) There's no doubt that your LOML thinks you're crazy Trav...
1
1

Re: Jointers and electricity question
It's all a matter of 'history'. In effect, the 'standard' has changed over time. The 'nominal value' for residential electricity delivery has climbed over the years. Circa WW II, it was 110 VAC, By...
2
2

Re: Castair compressor
That URL is experience, this is the first I've heard of them http://www.castair.netNo This website is for sale! castair.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking...
2
2

Re: JWTS10JF 220 Volt Connection
Thanks for the help. This is what I figured but I had to ask. Thanks again

Re: Hand Plane Hunting in N.E. Georgia
Down near Savannah, eh? Too far to drive for a bargain hunting trip, but I'll try to visit the next time I'm down that way.
5
5

Re: Help Putting Chair back together
In article <>, Robert RushThe 'right fix' depends on _how_loose_ the joint is. 'Shimming' the joint to restore tightness is a time-honored way. If a single piece of 'grocery store brown paper bag'...
4
4

Re: In my exuberance (ok, stupidity) I glued a drawer together without the bottom...
But the baltic birch makes great drawers. I used to use sycamore for drawer sides, but now I use baltic birch all the time. harrym
1
1

Re: wood use query - wood movement
Are you planning to use it in hidden areas and want a less expensive wood, or are you wanting a complimentary wood for surface areas? I made a chest of drawers of oak and padauk, with the padauk used...
1
1

Re: SPRAY POLY
I go through spray poly by the case building hardwood toys. Sometimes I use an automotive touch-up gun, but most of the time I use the spray cans because I can get into smaller spaces. Never noticed...

There's a Rythm to This Woodworking Thing
Warning. What follows has no tips or tricks to share, no power or hand tool evaluation, no gloat or neener and no inflamatory rant or rave. If your looking for any of that stuff then go to the next...
10
10