Subject Author Posted Replies

a closer shave
At last ! A new and improved shaving razor. Be sure to watch the little video and click the More Infomation button. John T. Veritas Classic Double Razor - Lee Valley Tools Veritas Classic Double Razor...
2
2

Cutting short strips jig
I've never seen this jig,but it's something that I probably should have figured out. I'll be using it this spring.

Knife Jig
bought this guy, and it works great. I sharpened my pocket knife and it just glided through an Amazon Bubble Mailer. I took a kitchen "spatula" knife, sharpened it to about 19 degrees and it's now...
5
5

An actual woodworking question - routing a deep slot
Suppose I have a roughly 100x100mm post of (green) oak, that I want to route a 1m long slot out of the back for cables - let's say 20mm wide by 20mm deep. I have a 1/4" trim router but nothing bigger....
5
5

OT Whoo-Hoo
It looks like google groups has finally divorced itself from usenet - so the big spam flood is over < fingers crossed > I hope there are still a few hangers-on hanging out here. John T.
8
8

Is there a better place to be these days.
Seems this site is being loaded with crap.
8
8

So has the storm passed?
Or is it just a brief respite?
6
6

Beaver tool model 6200 table saw
I've inherited a Beaver 6200 table saw, and would like to know if a Guard and splitter attachment was available. I'm trying to find out if there is a splitter attached even an aftermarket one.
2
2

hardwood floors repair
We have hardwood floors real not Pergo in our downstairs. There is an are of about 8 square feet the needs to be refinished in a high traffic area. The rest of the floor is in good condition. What...
8
8

mystery tool revisited
I posted this mystery tool a couple years ago and thought I'd try again - any guesses ? hours of google searching hasn't produced anything even close .. John T.

triplex outillage dowell jig
**If anyone has an instruction manual on how to use a triplex outillage dowel jig, I would be most appreciative. Thanks

Drying a "green" ceder fence board for painting.
I bought a 5/6" x 4" ceder fence board for a spacer on hinge for a pump cover, not thinking that it was green wood. I used my jointer to smooth the surface and reduce it to the 3/8" thickness I...
1
1

Lightweight 2-handle 1.75hp router
I'm going to be doing some routing on vertical surfaces and am wondering what the lightest weight "quality" 1.75 hp router would be?
6
6

Enjoying The Kickback
I wanted to mock up a couple of Shaker style doors and drawer fronts to show SWMBO what I had in mind for some kitchen cabinets I'm building. (We're trying to figure out how wide they should be.) I...

bar topskittles
H Just seen your very comprehensive instructions. im part way through with mine. im struggling with the skittles. I dont have a lathe. iv e looked at verious designs but not happy. Ive tried to set up...