Lightweight 2-handle 1.75hp router

I'm going to be doing some routing on vertical surfaces and am wondering what the lightest weight "quality" 1.75 hp router would be?

Reply to
Jay Pique

This Festool model is described as " compact and easy to maneuver " but weighs in at 3 kg < 6.6 lbs >

The big fella from Festool is almost 8 kg < 17.2 lbs > Yikes !

My first router was a little plastic B&D - nobody's idea of quality but it was certainly light weight and it would spin little sharp things around real fast :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

The PC690 is about 9 lbs.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

It's not clear what/how you will be routing, but what about making a support jig to guide/hold the router, similar to how they cut concrete walls? If you don't have to free hand it, the weight might be as much of a factor.

DerbyDad03

You actually don't want a router that powerful to be too light, so a fixture or a constant-force suspension of some kind may be needed.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

...might *not* be as much of a factor.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've got a PC 690 that I can use. The mass being a stabilizer wasn't something I had thought about. I'll probably try that and see how it goes. Thanks all.

-JP

Reply to
JayPique