Subject Author Posted Replies

Poly question
Wrecker's, A friend of mine is restoring a pickup. He is installing a white oak floor in the bed. He has already coated the wood with gloss poly. It looks pretty good, but he's looking for more...
2
2

Large Humidor plans
I am looking to build a large humidor, maybe 36W x 60H. I searched both the web and the wreck, but all I could find were plans for desktop humidors. I would appreciate any links to similar plans. Bob...
9
9

Grizzley G0555
I'm fairly new to woodworking and have been lurking here for almost a year. I just bought a Griz G0555 bandsaw with the riser block. Although the reviews here in the ng were mixed, in all they seemed...
10
10

Re: Slightly OT - installing composite deck railing
Small metal "L-brackets?" correctdeck.com

Miter slots?
Just inherited a Delta contractors saw and it needs a lot of work. I have gotten lots of tips here on how to remove rust and protect the table but I wonder how to remove rust from slots? TIA Bob
7
7

Mahogany question
I am working mahogany for the first time, beautiful wood, works nicely, I can see why it has been a preferred furniture wood for several hundred years... anyway: Now that it is sanded...
7
7

Re: beer in the shop?
I understand what you are saying. He BELIEVES he is drinking in moderation. He'll even tell you how few beers he's had. But I'll tell you this, I don't have three garbage cans full of nothing but...
5
5

Did Leon and Co. set a record for the longest thread in Wreck history? <g>
To name a few: The split the newsgroup threads. The Nahm sucks threads. The handtool vs. power tool threads. Any OT political thread. Craftsman tools: Bad or horrible? Bennett Leeds vs. Ed Bennett (or...
8
8

Re: Tools 4 Hardwood Floor Install
For the hardwood floor, you need a pneumatic floor stapler, a mallet and an air compressor. Suggest you rent the stapler (mallet should come with it), as it is about $400 to buy. I just laid 400 sq ft...
13
13

Brazilian Cherry
Has anyone had any experience working with Brazilian CHerry. They tell me that its harder than Oak and has nice colour. The salesman couldn't tell me how it machines or takes a finish. Any knowledge...
6
6

Crank Handle to Raise & Lower Router in Table?
Okay, so I had to make the drive to Williamsburg to find a Lowes that still had the Hitachi M12V. (I got one of the last two in case anyone wants to go grab that last one.) Now I'm looking at the...
3
3

Craftsman TS & Delta 34-183 Tenoning Jig
Will they work together? I'm new to woodworking - I have a Craftsman 315-228390 TS (have to learn to walk before you can run, plus it was gift from SWMBO!). I'm getting ready to do some mortise &...

Re: shopfox 6" jointer
Shop Fox is the retail store version of the Grizzly line of tools.

OT (kinda) AC shop
Its been to hot to work in my shop. Thinking about putting an AC in. Not sure what size I would need. Talked to several dealers and they all had different ideas (depending on what units they had in...
9
9

Re: Varnish won't cover properly
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:34:18 +0100, "Ian" pixelated: - The only reason I would take up exercising is || so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites