Subject Author Posted Replies

Building Insulated Windows
Myself and LOML are getting ready to build a house. I realize that when most people say that they mean that their contracter is building one for them. I mean we are building it ourselves - basement,...
21
21

tips on making veneer lampshades?
Quite by accident I discovered that my redwood burl veneer is breathtaking when lit from behind, so I'd like to make a lamp using that veneer as a lampshade. Has anyone here made veneer lampshades...
4
4

COMPRESSOR QUESTION
i have a pc 6 gallon pancake compressor.....new... after reading the instruction manual.... before anyone starts flaming me.... i know... *real men don't read the instructions*.... but i needed...
2
2

Unisaw quality
I'm starting to rebuild my ww shop after being away from it for a few years. For a TS, I'd always planned on getting a Delta Unisaw since I want a good quality product that I can use for years into...
16
16

Re: Help with bandsaw resawing---question
You accept that it's going to happen, and you set the fence to compensate. Then you stop worrying about it. By their basic nature, bandsaws are asymmetric and you're never going to change this....

Re: Sears direct drive motor question
Good point. I do not have the motor in front of me. However, this is a Craftsman Table Saw and its model no is 113.226640. This motor is an 11 or 12 amp motor. Right now, I do not have the motor in...
1
1

drill press requirements / specs
Given the wide selection of drill presses (and the corresponding specs and prices), I thought I would start first with my requirements: 1. mostly woodworking, with some light metal work (screw-holes...
1
1

Warning - Woodowrkers Book Club
WARNING - I spoke well of Woodworkers Book Club in a post I made yesterday. I just received my credit card bill and there was an unauthorized credit card charge from that company on my bill. They...
3
3

Bigger than an 8" jointer?
I'm thinking of upgrading from my 8" jointer. I looked at a used Inca 10" jointer/planer, but the gearing system seemed too kluged to me. Anyone know of a larger jointer that doesn't weigh a half-ton...
3
3

Sawstop - ok, does it actually work?
I'm not asking for political comment here about wether or not sawstop should be doing what they are doing. What I am wondering if the device actually works as well as they say it does. So the real...
62
62

Stationary planers - fixed head or fixed table?
I've been thinking about dispensing with my portable planer and moving up to one of the larger stationary models, probably a 15 inch. If you have experience using these animules, I'm curious as to...
5
5

curing wood
About 2 years ago a 12 inch diam. branch from my maple tree came crashing down in a storm. (Almost hit the house.) I just got around to getting the chain saw out and cut it up into some big logs and...
1
1

Re: Problems with Rotozip
Well, the tool was originally designed to simply do dry wall cut outs. If you are doing more than that on a regular basis that may be your or its problem. It is a rather light weight tool that is not...
1
1

Jointer tolorence's?? Question/Advice
Hey folks, How picky am I supposed to be for jointing. I'm gluing up some oak for a table top that will be about 7 feet long. I'm using an 8 inch busy bee machine. As I hold up two piece's to the...
5
5

Re: Need some education on buying lumber & lumber availability
So, the going rate is now $8.15? We have a joke at my buddy's bicycle shop. "Everything we don't have is on sale." My experience does not match your buddy's. My local dealer's stocks ebb and flow, but...
3
3