Bigger than an 8" jointer?

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 8" jointer. I looked at a used Inca 10" jointer/planer, but the gearing system seemed too kluged to me. Anyone know of a larger jointer that doesn't weigh a half-ton for a reasonable price? I'm leaning toward an Invicta 12" at the moment. Anyone have experience with this machine? Sorry if this topic has been covered before.

Thanks,

Doug

Reply to
Doug Payne

Doug Payne asks:

Don't know the Invicta. Grizzly has a pretty neat looking 12" x 76" for about $1895 plus shipping, and some more expensive models, too.

Charlie Self

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. Dorothy Parker

Reply to
Charlie Self

That's more than I gave for my 16" Northfield. Shop around.

Reply to
Ross

Doug, I own and use the 12" Invicta every day....wonderful machine....highly recomend it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore