Warning - Woodowrkers Book Club

WARNING - I spoke well of Woodworkers Book Club in a post I made yesterday. I just received my credit card bill and there was an unauthorized credit card charge from that company on my bill. They claim that I owe them $17 for three books.

Last month, I received a bill. I called them and asked for an accounting of the bill. I explained that I pay for all my books, by credit card, when I order and that I could not owe them any money. They said that they would send out a listing of all my books and all my payments. Instead, the very next day, they charged my credit card account.

I called today and spoke to a supervisor who told me that I had to authorize the charge and give the credit card number to the service representative because they do not store credit card info. I did not authorize the charge and did not provide the credit card number.

So, until the company changes it policy, I highly recommend against providing any credit card information to Woodworkers Book Club. And, since you have to pay shipping and handling charges, I personally believe that their prices are not competitive.

Reply to
David B. Chamberlain

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the Woodworker's Book Club. I have done business with them for about three years and have probably bought at least 30 books from them in that time frame without a problem.

You state in your message "And, since you have to pay shipping and handling charges, I personally believe that their prices are not competitive." This is not completely correct. If you pay in advance using a credit card, there is no charge for shipping and handling. In addition, their flyers always have an assortment of sale books which are extremely competitive in price.

I think you should resolve your issues with them personally and refrain from bagging on this book club on this international forum. Your one bad experience does not reflect the club's performance overall.

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with this club other than as a satisfied customer.

Reply to
Rossmoor Don

You state that they "WILL" make unauthorized charges to a credit card and you make it sound like it's a form of wrongdoing on their part and as though it's inevitably going to happen to everyone who gives them a credit card number. NOT SO !! !! !! I've been a member on & off for over 20 years and have NEVER had a complaint .. .. .. if they've made a mistake, work it out with them .. .. .. but please don't post messages here accusing them of being thieves & liars just because they made a mistake. Sure, the mistake is PROBABLY their fault .. sure it will take a little bit of time & effort for you to get it straightened out, but they are not automatically thieves & crooks just for having made an error .

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!

Reply to
Anonymous

When I order books I send a check with the order. This way I don't have to give them my credit card #.

Binen

David B. Chamberla> WARNING - I spoke well of Woodworkers Book Club in a post I made yesterday.

Reply to
Binen