Subject Author Posted Replies

MDF and danish oil
I've just completed a 4 ft. x 6 ft. torsion box / assembly table, using 1/2 in. thick sheets to skin it top and bottom. I've coated it with Danish oil for protection...over a half gallon! That MDF...

Salvaging wood from old houses
I could use some guidance. A house on the next street was demolished this week. I managed to get a little bit of oak flooring, but I got there after Danny had broken most everything up with a backhoe...
4
4

Re: Leaving Compressor Full?
What about the risk of rusty water spraying out and onto your work? Is that important to you?
1
1

Re: Router Workshop equipment opinion
You'd think two guys whose favorite tools are routers would have thought of a way to set up a jig and trim that bump down with a 1/2" straight bit.

compound mitre saws
newbie question, what are the pro's and con's of sliding compound miter saw's over fixed compound miter saw's Mike
3
3

Re: Joining end-grain
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:15:36 GMT, "Groggy" pixelated: Whaddya mean the wood's too good for your American brethren? ;) Take a look at Doug's bench and see if you have the same balls, boy. Beautiful...
2
2

Damping vibrations
I am building a bench for my scroll saw and have done everything except mount the top. It's very solid but having read so much about vibration in scroll saws, I am wondering if it would help if I...
4
4

returning lurker
Haven't been in the NG's for awhile, what happened, if anything to the picture NG's for Furniture & Woodworking? TIA for help, jlc
2
2

Re: patina vs. dirt on dark woodwork
Ivory Liquid is a very mild liquid soap for hand dishwashing. I believe a similar brand in the UK is "Teepol". Note that it is not intended for electric dishwashers. Too much foam for one of those. A...

Auction Gloat!
It has been a long time since I have had a good gloat. Tonight wife and I go to the local auction. They have some rudted old clamps that sold for more than I was willing to pay, so I had little hope...
7
7

veneer questions
Hello, I am seeking some advice on how to inlay a non-symmetric, curved piece of wood into other veneer strips. This is for the front of a cabinet door I need to inlay with strips of ash. The idea is...
1
1

Re: source needed - steel router bit v-groove
You aren't going to touch HSS with a file. All you will do is produce a shiny spot and dull the file. A cutting tool has to be harder than what it is cutting. do you use wooden chisels? edges so that...
6
6

FS: assorted tools in Washington DC area
Hello all. I'm getting ready to move and need to sell some tools that won't be making the trip with me: Grizzly Radial Drill Press Delta 10" benchtop circular saw w/carbide blade Delta 10" mitre saw...

Woodworkers Book Club
I popped onto the Popular Woodworking site to look for some free plans and got a pop-up for the Woodworkers Book Club: They are offering 3 free books if you buy 1 at $9.99 with no further committment....
9
9

For Sale In Pittsburgh Area, Work bench top.
For sale workbench TOP. I belive it is maple, Butcher block type. 7 foot long, 30" wide, x 2 ¾" thick. Needs sanded but great top for woodworking bench. $40.00 I would love to keep, but I am moving...