Re: patina vs. dirt on dark woodwork

Ivory Liquid is a very mild liquid soap for hand dishwashing. I believe a similar brand in the UK is "Teepol". Note that it is not intended for electric dishwashers. Too much foam for one of those. A little more info on the cleaner. "Brasso" is a metal polish. The cleaner can sometimes go as far as reviving a really oxidized finish but you are starting to remove the patina at that point. You will have to shake the mixture really well to get it to form an emulsion and you should shake the bottle again before use. Sometimes cold temperatures prevent an emulsion from forming so just keep shaking it and allowing the bottle to stand in a warm place.

Good Luck

To email, remove both ngs.

"Frank McVey" wrote in message news:bek7rb$5hp$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com...

Always willing to learn, Baron, and I'll certainly give it a try. However, > I'm not familiar with the term "Ivory Liquid", so I'm guessing it's a > brand-name. Can you clarify? > > Cheers > > Frank >
Reply to
Baron