SawStop

What are people's thoughts on the new SawStop technology?

I wonder if anyone has actually tested it with a real finger!

Here is a pretty interesting article with a live demo

WoodJunkie

You mean you didn't see the 300+ messages in the newsgroup the last three days about this very thing? Or search the archives to find that this was discussed for months after it was first released (hint: it's not as new as you think)?

Reply to
Kevin P. Fleming

JackD

Pretty dumb. Is a person that stupid not to use a push stick?

Reply to
Wilson

Woodjunkie, the demo is old news. So's the fascist attempt to run right around the old idea that America is a nation of FREE people.

SawStop Corp. can't SELL it, so they want to make it mandatory and arrange to define a new standard such that only THEY can meet it. That's pretty old too. Vendors have done it forever. They "help you write the specs," and *GEE* BIG SHOCK, they're the only logical suppliers, the only ones who meet the specs.

In the end, it's cheaper to buy off a few legislators than to build a factory to produce a saw that people will buy voluntarily.

This can be the end of a living to thousands and the end of an affordable hobby to many more thousands. There will always be folks who think THE OTHER GUY should pay for something which sounds like a good idea. Who could possibly object? After all, THEY know better than we do how we should be doing with our money.

Reply to
edfan