Sawstop delivered!

saw, IMO.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Oh it *looks* good, but so do Craftsman products. Me, I want to see the innards and some close ups of the details such as fence, handles, adjusters etc.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

thing.

--RC

rcook5

Sawstop has delivered.

ted harris

It is a great looking saw.

Reply to
Leon

LOL...

Reply to
ted harris

I wasn't beefing about it. Just expressing my joy!

Reply to
ted harris

Congrats Ted Keep us posted on the overall performance it would be good to get some independent reviews by someone who is actually using one. Hopefully the only test it gets is with a wiener and not a finger.

Chris Melanson

Reply to
Chris Melanson

order to paint the saw DeWalt yellow)?

Black?? Not a safe colour.... unless the thing jumps out of the way when you bump into it...

please stop me..

The paint scheme reminds of all those pretty lures in the bait shop... they don't attract fish, but sure attract buyers...*G*

I can imagine a customer wandering into the shop for a price on some cabinetry...one look at that saw and I wonder what that potential customer will think.......

Having said all that....that is one fine looking piece of toy.....

I'm envious.

I want one so I can park it next to my Porsche....wait...I don't have a Porsche...shit...

Reply to
sandman

...from someone other than Sawstop and their shills...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Your spite for Sawstop and its reps/owners IMHO is pretty obvious. Do you have some kind of mental war going on with SawStop?

Reply to
Leon

I'm just glad they started making it so we don't need to speculate. I hope they sell enough so that they abandon their legistlative attempts at gaining a monopoly.

-j

I agree, It sure does look like a hard working tool! I like it, now I want to know the cold hard facts on reliablity and ease of trueing.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

Too good of you indeed. I dislike the black as well, much prefer the griz green or the delta grey more visibility in possible darker light. I saw the movies on their site, really quite impressive, and the strongest point of the machine.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:35:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com calmly ranted:

Let the class action lawsuits begin!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'll be more interested in the magazine tests. I just hope some moron doesn't try to repeat the demonstration where the inventor deliberately ran his finger into the blade.

--RC

rcook5

The proof will come as the result of testing and experience in the field. I'd also be interested in seeing a detailed examination of the production version.

At that price it should be!

--RC

rcook5

Yup, it isn't. But it's a start.

Yes. Time will tell. I'd love to see pics of the internals. If it is actually a decent saw _with_ a potential safety feature, great. But...I notice that sawstop's website still says "SawStop is now taking preorders on it's 10" Table Saws!" ^^^^^^^^^ Following the link through, it looks like I still can't get one, despite this whoever guy getting one delievered to his shop. Anyone know what the deal is, then?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

IIRC the current issue of FWW has a review on the saw.

Reply to
Leon

Really only 5 or 6 hundred dollars more than a PM66. A very small price to pay to save a trip to the emergency room even if it fails 90% of the time you are money ahead and more likely to save a trip than any other saw.

Reply to
Leon