Sawstop delivered!

I am having a hard time understanding how you can say any of this. The product is being delivered. You simply have to wait in line. The 50 anniversary Corvette had a waiting list and the vehicle has been in production for 50 years.

It'd be different if it was

You know, nothing has a proben track record before it has been used by the public. If you simply give it time, it will be there.

So have you not seen the site with the saw in the new owners garage? Or the article on the one that FWW wrote about. The saw has to exist for these things to happen.

Reply to
Leon

Your are right Rich there are those that that will never change their minds.

If you are tired of seeing this thread or reading this thread, simply ignore it.

Reply to
Leon

Could kindly post directly under the person that you are responding to and include his name so that we know who you are talking to? LOL .. Sorry, I simply could not resist. No hard feelings.

Reply to
Leon

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:30:05 GMT, "TBone" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I am not sure about some of what you say. But to answer your questions.

I want it to continue to protect me if ther power is off, either because I turned it off, or the supply goes down at 20:00 and I am standing in the dark with a blade spinning down, my fingers close enough to be worrisome.

The _point_ of asking what happens when the saw is stopped si that the thing need not operate then. If it does it would be a little inconvenient.

No. I said the power was off. See question 2.

Exactly. I was asking what happens. This thing appears somewhat violent, and not neede if the saw is stopped.

You lost me again. I hope you understand my questions better.

Reply to
Old Nick

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:55:19 -0500, Paul Kierstead vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

If it were that simple, I agree. But before they had it to market, they were trying to get it in by law. They also seem to have had it on the _market_ (asking for forward payment), but not "on the shelves". That is not the same as being slow to market it.

Many people _did_ froth about all of those things. 40% or some such figure of people in the rural areas of Oz who die in accidents are not wearing seatbelts. Whether this indicates the true power of seatbelts, or the fact that the the people who do not wear seatbelts are also far more likely to speed/drink/be silly is in question, of course.

I think the problem is that the seatbelts, and now even ABS do not significantly (+5%) add to the cost of the vehicle. I do not believe that a Sawstop can be _fitted_ to a TS for the $50-100 dollars claimed. I could be wrong. Also, the vehicle makers put them in very expensive cars, for many years, before they attempted to foist them on the public by law. I see Sawstop have done just that.

Reply to
Old Nick

Sure, but reaching for the cutoff has taken many a bite of skin with it. Of course no matter how much something is idiot proofed, the work will create a bigger and better idiot.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Vic Baron

Do you think that only one unit was shipped? Why don't you quit all the drama and just accept that the product is being delivered in spite of your pessimism?

Reply to
ted harris

Most news readers can "kill" or "ignore" a thread.

That's what I do when I'm tired of reading a thread.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Everyone agrees that it took quite some time to deliver. Next... Who are you blaming that you aren't getting yours right now and over the next several months, like the other 800 or so that "pre-ordered" the machine? Looks to me like you should be blaming yourself for clicking on that button, IMHO.

Reply to
ted harris

Sawstop is being delivered. May I suggest that if you don't like the way sawstop has entered the market, then you don't buy it. Sir, you have absolutely lost touch with reality. Are you taking medication?

Reply to
ted harris

Bye-bye now.

Reply to
ted harris

Sawstop will not make anything idiot proof. It is simply another safety device, and well spent money, IMHO. The winners will be the people that step up to the plate and buy it.

Reply to
ted harris

So everyone that has an accident is an idiot? Safety features are not idiot proofing.

I see it as reduc> Can this thread just die? I'm kind of new here but this has gone on for way

Reply to
tzipple

LOL.. Good call Edwin. Seems the SawStop has already shown that this is true. People are already trying to figure out a way to prove it ineffective.

Reply to
Leon

Unfortunately it doesn't allow filtering on message bodies, something that would be very useful to have.

Reply to
GregP

Amazing that you could do this, eh ? :-)

It's ironic that someone who makes a mental mistake like this insists that others shouldn't make any. A bit like that junkie talk show guy ...

Reply to
GregP

replace "clicking" with not clicking."

Reply to
ted harris

I agreed with most of what you said in the reply that I snipped this from Leon, except this part. I believe that most people who don't jump on every single new thing or practice just because it pretends to be in the name of safety is less because they place all of their confidence in any of the points you mentioned, than it is because they feel that these things outweigh the marginal gain that a particular device or practice might afford. As to given enough time, everyone's time will come? Well, that's kind of hard to embrace. It may come, that's for sure. I realize that everytime I use one of my tools. I think about it when I grab a 4 in grinder, use a table saw, a welder, or any number of other things. I don't let it petrify me or drive me to embrace every idea that comes along. I guess the threat has to seem real enough to me in order to warrant that I will embrace a particular idea or practice. There are however, thousands upon thousands of woodworkers who have completed lives of full time or part time wood working without their time coming. In fact I'd say by far, most woodworkers have not met their time. It's kind of a fatalist view to imagine that your time is coming. That would certainly give one cause for concern on a regular basis.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mike, you certainly a level headed view of the situation but visit an ER or an occupational emergency clinic and talk to one of the doctors on hand. Because this is not really sensational, you will seldom hear of the accidents on the news. After my accident it seems everyone that I talked to that are in the trades have a story to tell about an accident and more often than not the accident included a tool with a circular blade. Typically the hand injuries were with the TS. It was not until I understood the actual number of injuries involving a TS that I began to believe that it was more a matter of time over skill. 15 years ago the local ER that I ended up at gave me some figures to ponder. The ER plastic surgeon that worked on me indicated that the TS accidents are quite common and he himself probably saw an injury daily. He estimated at least 1,000 yearly in that location alone.

Reply to
Leon