Sanding Down Epoxy Gloss Coat

I recently applied one coat of an Epoxy High Gloss coat to a floating kitch en island. I had just enough to cover the top so, instead of letting it pou r over for smooth edges, I lined all the edges with painters tape. Got it a s level as possible, but there are still edges that slope upward and, with the tape removed, have created a sharp edge that I would like to round out and smooth down.
I was thinking just sanding it down, but am looking for any advice I can ge t. After the corners are smooth I want them to be shiny again so please let me know where you think I should go from here, thanks.
On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 2:26:18 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

chen island. I had just enough to cover the top so, instead of letting it p our over for smooth edges, I lined all the edges with painters tape. Got it as level as possible, but there are still edges that slope upward and, wit h the tape removed, have created a sharp edge that I would like to round ou t and smooth down.

get. After the corners are smooth I want them to be shiny again so please l et me know where you think I should go from here, thanks.
Here is a thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUBzF0LSnM

Use wet-or-dry paper, this sort of stuff:
(Amazon.com product link shortened);S4K86NO0RHK&keywords=wet+or+dry+sandpaper&qid48201086&sprefix=wet+or+dry%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-5
Knock off the sloped edges with 220 grit paper, then go over the sanded part with increasingly finer grits. Use water with the paper. By about 800 to 1200 grit, your edges should be shiny again.

If they're not, go to MicroMesh. <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
If that doesn't get it shiny enough go after it with some Meguiars' M205 using a DFP5 pad and a random orbital sander turned as slow as you can (or if you have a real double-action car polisher go with the DFP6 pad, but if you have one of those you probably don't need my advice on getting things shiny). Note that this will if done right take things pretty close to a "show car" shine. You can wax it after that.