Subject Author Posted Replies

Wall fixing [plugs]? for electrical sockets
In Toolstation the other day, I was looking through their nice coloured picture book and came across fixings with an electrical approval, I assume BS7671. These were conical and looked metallic....
4
4

OT Royal Mail signed for post
Should the postman be signing it himself and posting the letter through my letter box?
17
17

Knife - rerlated
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet. This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ... add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch...
9
9

If you do your own trappin'........
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap. The code is...
10
10

Unearthed extension leads
There's quite a lot of double-insulated equipment about - power drills, strimmers, mowers, etc. The garden equipment, in particular, often has a fairly long lead attached (5 - 10m). When the equipment...
12
12

Internet car sales
I may be being paranoid, but............ In looking to find an affordable auto 4x4 that will tow 3.5 tons and has low range with no difflock, I seem to keep coming across suspicious adverts (ebay,...
31
31

Garden steps regs?
I've had a search for the answer to this but haven't found it yet: do the regulations for internal staircases also apply to garden steps? I'm thinking in particular of the 100mm maximum spacing...
8
8

Can anyone suggest how these switched should be mounted?
How should these switches be mounted:- They look quite slim and have side connections so might be what I am looking for but I can't see how they are supposed to be mounted.
8
8

Removing emulsion paint from plastic
I need to remove emulsion paint from an intercom device and phone socket in a sheltered housing complex - someone decided to paint them and of course they look AWFUL!!! I might have tried my steam...
12
12

Today's DIY - Wall Anchors
When screwfix state use a 16mm hole with their .. and ye have a hefty ancient SDS* giving the bit lots of side wobble, use a 14mm. Or, should I update my SDS drill for cleaner holes? * Old B&Q 750W...
17
17

OT Sea level.
More Fun With Sea Level – Watts Up With That?
12
12

Bare bones kitchen extractor
My "range" style electric cooker is set into what was once a large fireplace and I want to fit an extractor into the recess above the cooker. Because only the bottom will be visible I'd prefer to...
2
2

Who sells good value concrete corner and intermediate posts up to 12ft / 3.6m long?
I am planning on replacing my garden fence on sloping ground. I am struggli ng to find good value suppliers of 12ft / 3.6m long corner and intermediate concrete posts.... I am also looking for 8ft...
2
2

Do builders care about Building Regs?
I recently posted about issues I had with a house I'm selling (an RSJ to provide support after a previously removed chimney breast in the kitchen). As that house sale is progressing I now realise that...
36
36

"% Chance of rain"
What do you believe weather forecasters mean when they say "40% chance of rain"? 1) It will rain for 40% of the day. 2) There's a 40% chance it will rain at some point. I googled it and apparently it...
81
81