Subject Author Posted Replies

Combi water diverter valve - schematic?
I'm having trouble finding a decent diagram of how the diverter valve works in a combi boiler. I am assuming that there are two completely separate water flows through the heat exchanger, only one of...
8
8

Looking for a fitting like this but with a hose barb
I'm looking for something like this:- but with a hose barb rather than the click-on fitting that this one has. Having the 1/2" to 3/4" BSP adapter would be handy but it's not absolutely necessary. I...
2
2

Cleaning a sink - two questions
1. I have just put a bottle of drainbuster down the sink and fumes came pouring out. What is this likely to be? It does not smell like chlorine. 2. Is it okay to put diluted (but fairly concentrated)...
32
32

Is there a standard height for a flush tank relative to a toilet bowl?
My builder had installed a couple of new toilets that do not flush well - the water does not wet the entire insides of the bowls. He blames the toilet bowl maker, they are Toto Tornado (two jet)...
17
17

180 volts on mains
No, the opposite in fact. A cheap 'n' cheerful DMM still works even when the "Bat" indicator is being displayed. Fortuitously, the effect of a "nearly flat battery" on the A2D converter's internal...
32
32

Frozen Gutters
Not sure if this is a local (south Sheffield) curiosity, but my and nearby neighbours' gutters are full of frozen thawed snow. Some have large icicles as they've overflowed. This has happened in the...
4
4

Wallstar boiler keeps tripping and won't light
Ok I have Wallstar boiler on the outside wall of my house but it is under cover, it doesn't get used off ten as it only does the heating but has always worked ok, every time I go to put it on it trips...
2
2

Kitchen Worktop Cable Grommet
I'm looking to route some appliance cables (microwave, lights, radio etc - I'll keep it to 13A max though - the feed is to an extension block) through the kitchen worktop to tidy things up and free up...
28
28

Gas central heating timer
I am finding search engines less and less useful. I am looking for a timer for my gas fired central heating that has a battery back-up, as we have fairly frequent power failures here. any suggestions...
22
22

Condensate
Our boiler flue slopes downwards, so most of the condensate runs out that way. This is the result: (For Brian, it's a massive icicle hanging from our bin which is right under the flue.)
27
27

rising main water temperature
Ours is 5.7C. Anyone else checked theirs? Bill
25
25

Time travel is dead easy
Listen to Gold Radio when you are making a post whilst using homeownersclub.
4
4

R. Cott. 30
Vinyl flooring... lots of 2.8mm thick stuff on the J. Lewis site however, the acrylic glue they offer is said to be unsuitable for underfloor heating. Any alternatives and does it need to be glued?...
6
6

Fitting universal headlight buzzer
Audi Audio / Video / Electronics / Security Audi Owners Club (UK) Fitting universal headlight buzzer By leenowelll, 22 hours ago in Audi Audio / Video / Electronics / Security a4 leenowelll 0...
36
36

Oh ----
Yep, someone's been diying... NT