New apprentice gets off to a flying start

He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put "My Mum".

Reply to
ARW

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tim

Reply to
tim...

I blame the person who designed the form if it did not specify eg the first and last _names_ of the NOK.

Anyhow, could have been worse: eg "my Wensleydale".

Reply to
Robin

I didn't recognise that as a dog breed.

Then I googled it and found it wasn't.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Obviously he is referring to a cheese.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

At least he didn't write "mummy".

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Accurate but imprecise.

Reply to
Max Demian

Bit of a cheesey reply then. I hated those forms when you started a job. There was an extremely high temptation to misinterpret things.

Qualifications always made me laugh as I have no formal ones at all, and they often simply could not understand why I could do the job better than their chinless graduate with a million 'ologies' to their name. I tended to put common sense A in the University of life. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Oh no he isn't

Reply to
Robin

I filled in one a couple of years ago. It had one line for phone number. I have five, and that is not including a mobile.

There was also no space for including the mandatory "calls cost 5p + access fee" to comply with Ofcom regulations.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Doctor, to my daughter: "I see you're going to be 3 soon. When's that going to be?" Daughter: "On my birfday."

How old is the apprentice?

Reply to
GB

Doctor, to teenage girl: "Big breaths"

Girl: "Yeth, and I'm only fourteen"

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Not old enough to vote but old enough have sex.

Reply to
ARW

I think that should be Sithxteen?

Reply to
TMH

My dad was disappointed that he could not join the IEEE because of lack of qualifications - he was on a number of (and chairing some) BSI committees at the time!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Thixteen

Reply to
FMurtz

why would he want to join an American institution?

Reply to
charles

I think nowadays the age has to be reduced to make the joke funnier.

Thixteen year olds probably have two kids now.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

"Mummy, why are your hanths tho thoft?"

"'Cause I'm twelve. Now shut up and eat your chips."

Reply to
Max Demian

I was a member of the IEEE once, they have pretty mags and it was free.

I did look at joining the IEE but I felt insulted that they wanted me to answer two questions on their exam papers when they usually wanted more.

So they were saying I knew more than their usual applicants but not enough.

There wasn't any real advantage of joining anyway.

Reply to
invalid