New apprentice gets off to a flying start

You seemto get through am awful lot of apprentices.

Does it only take 6 months to become a sparky these days? Or do they all die / leave before the end of the training?

Reply to
cpvh

but thixteen has the lisp which is essential to the original

Reply to
FMurtz

Finish?

Good God we still have a 5th year apprentice still with us failing his exams.

The two recent ones that passed in the normal 4 years have moved on. One still subcontracts to us from time to time, the other I speak to now and again (his Dad sorted him out with some nice contracts).

The remaining second year is doing OK, the third year will probably pass with flying colours next year.

I have only worked with one of the three 1st year apprentices as you need to be 18 for a lot of the work I do. But he was good at putting his hands in his pockets when I worked with him.

Reply to
ARW

Not coloured, not Muslim and not called Khan. harry will be offended.

ARW

Pocket billiards?

I predict a grim future for that nonce in jail...

Reply to
Tim Watts

One hand working... good for electrical safety....

I had an interesting experience as an electrical engineering apprentice.... final test bay for switchgear supplied to the Admiralty.

10kV insulation flash testing. Thick rubber mats and electrically isolated work station. Test probe probably had 1/2" of bakelite insulation. Touching the test equipment with one hand perfectly safe..... unfortunately my elbow was resting on the crock clip connecting the other side of the supply... >
Reply to
Tim Lamb

Or extra safety when working with high voltages.

Or any sort of 'working'. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

They are kept away from other prisoners. At the prisons I have worked at they have their own wing (not the female prisons).

Reply to
ARW

Carrying 600x600x20mm cardboard boxes to the skip one at a time........

Reply to
ARW

Stuffed crust pizza?

Reply to
Bob Eager

TMH introduced me to the hot dog stuffed crust pizza:-)

These were boxes from LED lighting panels we had fitted.

Reply to
ARW

Shocking! Why waste a hot dog and a pizza by mixing them?

:-)

Reply to
Jim K..

What price experience?...