Dot & Dab fixings

FYI Been using these to fix TV brackets to dot & dab walls.

80mm long so go through the board/gap & leaves over 50mm in the block. Really strong fix.
Reply to
TMH

Looks like a Multi Monti. Excellent fasteners. Need to pick the right sized masonry drill, you can go quite close to the edge of a brick if necessary. You can also get away with removing and replacing them a few times (handy for example on a trellis if you repaint the wall).

Reply to
newshound

Presumably because they are secure when not tightened against the wall they don't pull the plasterboard back?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Absolutely the best

And the next best thing

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Agreed, I wasn't particularly advocating these for plasterboard in general although they would work for dot and dab so long as you go through the dot! I think they do need to be under tension to make a secure fixing, if not they would wobble especially if used for something like a swivelling TV bracket.

Reply to
newshound

Others I have noticed (but not used as I have no D&D walls here)

<https:
Andy Burns

the DeWalt ones though.

Reply to
TMH

The TV bracket acts as a giant washer & spreads the load.

Reply to
TMH

Although MultiMonti's and even concrete screws can apply a lot of load, so you do have to have a certain amount of "feel", depending on the size of the back plate(s),

Reply to
newshound

Yup. I've used rigifix & still have some for critical use but they aren't cheap!

Also used "concrete screws" (like a finer threaded version of the multimontis) successful, cheap & available in some long lengths if needed. As they're fine threaded you can set them "just so" to avoid distorting the pb.

Last one I did for a mate was a new build & the TV wouldn't hang against the wall, it kept creeping out on the multi angle bracket. Turned out the wall was not vertical - out 8mm over the height of the bracket 300mm? FFS!

Reply to
Jim K..