Dot & Dab fixings

FYI Been using these to fix TV brackets to dot & dab walls.
https://www.toolstation.com/dewalt-hex-head-blue-tip-concrete-screwbolt/p42294
80mm long so go through the board/gap & leaves over 50mm in the block. Really strong fix.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
On 11/01/2019 19:59, TMH wrote:

Looks like a Multi Monti. Excellent fasteners. Need to pick the right sized masonry drill, you can go quite close to the edge of a brick if necessary. You can also get away with removing and replacing them a few times (handy for example on a trellis if you repaint the wall).
On 11/01/2019 21:53, newshound wrote:

Presumably because they are secure when not tightened against the wall they don't pull the plasterboard back?
Bill
Absolutely the best
http://buyrigifixonline.co.uk/
And the next best thing
https://www.drylinepro.com/
Richard
On 12/01/2019 14:25, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Agreed, I wasn't particularly advocating these for plasterboard in general although they would work for dot and dab so long as you go through the dot! I think they do need to be under tension to make a secure fixing, if not they would wobble especially if used for something like a swivelling TV bracket.
Tricky Dicky wrote:

Others I have noticed (but not used as I have no D&D walls here)
<https:www.corefixed.com>
On 12/01/2019 16:08, Andy Burns wrote:

Thanks chaps, not seen any of those. All fairly expensive compared to the DeWalt ones though.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
On 12/01/2019 12:27, Bill Wright wrote:

The TV bracket acts as a giant washer & spreads the load.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
On 12/01/2019 22:04, TMH wrote:

Although MultiMonti's and even concrete screws can apply a lot of load, so you do have to have a certain amount of "feel", depending on the size of the back plate(s),