Re: WHY DOESN'T MY SNOWBLOWER BLOW SNOW

This is UK and it ain't snowing.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Snow doesn't impale too weel, either. Ice is better.

Reply to
Bob Eager

There you are, its the wrong kind of snow, quite obviously. Problem solved. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Wrong type of snow? If so contact British Rail.

Reply to
Peter

most likely is crud in the carb. Check the float sits correctly too.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You'd be pretty fit by the time you finished. :)

Reply to
GB

That just leaves you having to find an exercise activity for June-September, so you don't go soft.

In any case, shovelling snow is better than getting cabin fever.

Reply to
GB

I'm probably wrong, but my impression of where you live is that it's utterly impossible for me. That's because of an immensely depressing lack of daylight in the winter, and huge numbers of mosquitoes in the summer. Apart from that, I'd love it.

Reply to
GB

Maybe it would make more sense to ask on a forum where snowblower ownership is common?

They?re as rare as hens? teeth in the UK.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You probably want a snow blower rather than a shovel if it's that long.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Costco had 'em in one year.

Only the 1 year though as far as I'm aware.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

BR invented a jet engine snow blower in the 1950's, but it blew all the track ballast away as well :-)

Reply to
Andrew

You need one of these, then:

At one time, the second site referred to sold such items as 2-stroke engine-powered Margarita mixers.

Reply to
Davey

That's unkind.

They went on to explain that the trains could cope with wet soggy British snow, but that rare fluffy stuff was causing problems (sucked into the motors)

They have the same trains in cold climates where they deal with the fluffy snow by having roof mounted air intakes.

That takes out two seats per motor unit.

For an event that happens once per decade it isn't worth it.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

A later occasion saw the nothing to do with British Rail French designed Eurostar trains also affected. Fine dry snow penetrated into the power car bodywork , on entering the tunnel the warmer atmosphere thawed it out and the water then created problems amongst the electrics.

Not being British the press didn?t pillory the company like they would normally have done.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Don't you think that uk.d-i-y might not be the best place to look for advice on snow blowers? We almost never have the right sort of snow and when we do the entire country grinds to a standstill with just 10cm.

Preference here is for a shaped piece of metal on the front of a tractor to act as a snow plough since that will also shift soggy wet snow.

Reply to
Martin Brown

The problem is an engine. There's plenty of overlap between people that diy & engine repair & restoration. And he's now got the info that muck in the carb is the most common cause. Sounds like a win.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That's news to me.