Identifying my snowblower???

I purchased a used snowblower this weekend and I am unable find a model # and serial #. I have checked the usual locations all around the chassis, but I assume the tag is missing. The snowblower is an 8hp 26" made by MTD. It is yellow and black with chrome handle bars. The control panel has the throttle control, a key switch, and says SnowFlite in orange and black. it has 5 speeds forward and 2 back (friction drive). Assuming that the Tecumseh engine is the original I would suspect that the year is 1988 or 1989 based upon the serial number of the engine. I would really like to get the model number so that I can by replacement parts. If anyone can help identify this machine I would greatly appreciate it Thanks!

Reply to
Rob

Often the model number is just the engine HP followed by the cutting width, so you might go looking for a model 826. Toro does this on their units, but the real (stamped on the label) model number could be anything.

I thought that MTD units were usually red in color. Yellow is used by YardMan, but now that they're all owned by MTD, it probably doesn't matter.

These units are pretty common. Most use Tecumseh engines, and if it has the large mitten grip pull starter, the model number of the engine would be HSK80 (Horizontal shaft, Snow King variety, 8.0 HP). Parts are readily available for these engines.

Reply to
Bob M.