Kenmore laundry centre

Can anyone tell me of a web page with instructions on accessing a washer dryer combination stack? I need to replace the motor on a Kenmore stack washer, I have tried the most of the usual pages, they dont seem to recognize that not all washing machines are the stand alone variety, Thanks Al.

Reply to
Al

Hi,

Have a model#?

model# helps.

Kenmore is made by several different companies.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

It will depend on whom made that particular for Sears. The model number off the machine will determine that. You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts'section of my site linked below.

Appliance411 : Who makes Kenmore?

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Thanks for the info Guys My model # is 970 C98802-10 closest on that list you sent was : C970. Kelvinator (1970+) ran, ref That dont sound like it eh. Anyway, the motor is held on by 4 nuts, the worst of which is deep in behind the belt, I have a sneaking feeling the belt has to be removed first, and I dont have a clue how to go about that, so I will persevere with keyhole surgery and add to the cuts on my thumb, the technician is booked for Friday Im trying to beat the clock.

Reply to
Al

No. I've never see a Kenmore appliance model number with any letters in it at all except for starting with the letter "C" which would indicate a Canadian product. Did you find the model and serial number tag on the appliance or are you getting those numbers off something else??

Sorry I can't be more help.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi all,

Closest that I found was 970-C98902-00

Motor area parts breakdown....

Yes all 4 nuts come off to remove the motor, the belt should just slip/roll off, and the idler pulley is held onto it's post by a small "C" clip....mark where they where first but the two springs on the motor side can be removed so the basket will lisp the other direction giving you a little more room between the motor and the base. Bolts on the side of the cabinet ( motor side ) can be removed for a little more access space as well.

Hope something here helps,

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff