paint sprayer

Hello,

I am beginning work on painting the interior of a 1800 sq ft home. I was contemplating purchasing a paint sprayer and was looking at Home Depot at the Magnum line of products.

Could anyone provide feednback on the Magnum line? Graco Magnum DX, XR5, and the XR7 ?

Thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil

I bought a Campbell-Hausfeild from the Depot 10 years ago. Best $300 I ever spent. I asked when I had the thing rebuilt last year, $120, if I could add hose to it. Emphatically NO. So I am stuck with 25'.

Which ever one you pick plan on practicing some before you really get ready to do the inside. Tips and paints are different. I just painted all of my block walls ~500' in a morning some of them are 7 feet high. I added one gallon of water to each fiver. Makes it easier on the block, covers much better. The tips, paint and the pressure you use determine the over spray. Cover everything WELL. It goes every where.

Do not have a clue about the Magnums. All of the painters I know use Gracos, gas powered.

Good luck and remember cleaning it is next to godliness. When finished, spray some wd40 into the pick up port, the big one for the paint. Bump on and off while applying. When you get ready to paint again run fresh water through it for about 3 gallons and start your painting.

Reply to
SQLit

Check archives of this NG. There are numerous favorable comments on Graco products. The better your research the better your choice (the cliche' for the day).

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst