Craftsman Snowblower problem

I am having a problem with my Craftsman snowblower. The chute angle lever does not seem to be working. When I move the lever up, the chute angle does not change. It should increase the angle upward. When I move the lever down, about half way down I will feel some tension, as normal, and then the chute will move downward as expected. Once, I move the lever up again, there is no tension and the chute will not move. I have to manualy move the chute upward, and I cannot always get it all the way up. This makes it so that I cannot throw snow as far as I need to. Has anyone expericenced a similar issue with Craftsman snowblowers? Is the chute angle lever prone to this type of problem?

Thanks Chuck

Reply to
Chuck and Erika Douglas

I'd say its just the cable that is disconected. just like bicycle hand brakes.

Reply to
cln