Weedwacker will not start, Fuel problem? craftsman

My weedwacker will not start craftsman 21cc. I think fuel is the problem. I keep pumping the side button to give it fuel 10 times and still the spark plug is not wet when I unscrew it. I tried puring some of the fuel inside the spark plug chamber. Then I got it started for 15seconds, but then it died again. What can I do to make sure the fuel get to the spark plug? Also not sure what gap size to use, right now it is at .33 I have a craftsman c944-517360 model. Also I hope I did not over do it pulling the chord, since it does not retract all the way (its out about 4 inches). Thanks.

Reply to
lbbss

Could be clogged jets from gummy old fuel or dirt. Is there a fuel line valve that has to be opened? Is the choke working? Is the primer bulb actually pushing fuel or is there an air leak and it is doing nothing?

OTOH, if I could pull my cord and get an extra 4", I'd be doing it all day long.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Mine always starts, just put in a freshly charged battery and pull the switch. :-)

Reply to
jmeehan

I know your problem is when you fill the gas their are more particals of debree in the gas you buy, so it should be filtered through a piece of cheese- clouth, or a funnel with a strainer in it. To help with your problem you must drain all the gas lines and take off the fuel bowl, which is a round copper, or painted bowl with a couple of screws on the bottom for the high speed adjustment and air mixture, and also empty gas tank and fill with a fresh filtered gas. When you take the bowl off you should see little particals of dirt or tiny rocks. good luck henry. If you need help, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
henrypenta

P.S. THE GAP SHOULD BE .035, HENRY

Reply to
henrypenta

I know your problem is when you fill the gas their are more particals of debree in the gas you buy, so it should be filtered through a piece of cheese- clouth, or a funnel with a strainer in it. To help with your problem you must drain all the gas lines and take off the fuel bowl, which is a round copper, or painted bowl with a couple of screws on the bottom for the high speed adjustment and air mixture, and also empty gas tank and fill with a fresh filtered gas. When you take the bowl off you should see little particals of dirt or tiny rocks. good luck henry. If you need help, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Johnl

I know your problem is when you fill the gas their are more particals of debree in the gas you buy, so it should be filtered through a piece of cheese- clouth, or a funnel with a strainer in it. To help with your problem you must drain all the gas lines and take off the fuel bowl, which is a round copper, or painted bowl with a couple of screws on the bottom for the high speed adjustment and air mixture, and also empty gas tank and fill with a fresh filtered gas. When you take the bowl off you should see little particals of dirt or tiny rocks. good luck henry. If you need help, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

It's a mighty good thing you told the OP to use cheese "clouth" to snag those nasty "particals of debree." No telling when he'd get his whacker started without it....

Reply to
Reggie Dunlop

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:SBCBk.1029$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com:

Priceless. But if it works Edwin, lemme know ASAP.

Reply to
Red Green

If you want to check the ignition system, you can do it the way I do. Remove the spark plug, put the weed eater in a vice or get a friend to hold it down and stick a rubber tipped air hose blow gun in the spark plug hole, apply air pressure and pull the cord. The 2 cycle motor will run on the compressed air and let you check the quality and strength of the spark. I did this for a friend of mine and it blew his mind. *snicker* If your carb is plugged up with gum and varnish some carb cleaner and careful use of compressed air may do the trick. My friends weed eater was not running and after we removed the air adjust- ment needle valves, sprayed some carb cleaner in the holes followed by a blast of compressed air, we screwed them back in the correct number of turns according to the specs in the manual and the thing runs great.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

The engine could be worn out and not have enough vacuum to operate the diaphragm in the carburetor. Check the diaphragm, might have a hole in it.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

You think that can cause a problem for the gas to get to the combustion chamber?

The problem has definitely something to do with gas not able to get to the combustion chamber.

Reply to
lbbss

replying to henrypenta, Rayman wrote: Henry do you know the name of the Repair shop for chain saws south of Krafft road?

Reply to
Rayman

North End Small Engines Address: 3871 Pine Grove Ave, Fort Gratiot Twp, MI 48059, USA Phone: +1 810-984-8268

Reply to
hubops