OT: How the electric car revolution could backfire

Well abroad's full of foreigners innit :-)

Reply to
bert

Err because they are all in electric vehicles and many will want to top up without having to queue for a point or to hunt out the right parking space.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

No because the range is predictable regardless of whether I use the aircon or heater and I know there are enough instant fill-up points around.

You are making assumptions about the journey prior to or post arriving at the shops.

Reply to
bert

In article , michael adams writes

So a) you read the Daily Mail b) you quote its content as true. Interesting.

Reply to
bert

Electric traction is nothing to do with renewables. It does however involve electrical infrastructure

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Well judging by most of your comments you do read some crap.

Reply to
bert

In article , charles writes

And from what I remember it's not brilliant north of Berwick or have they improved it?

Reply to
bert

The worst drivers are those who have come off the motorway onto dual carriageways because of a blockage.

Reply to
bert

The western bypass is OK IME The angel is just a big tower of scrap.

Reply to
bert

Only if someone thinks it's art, then it is, to that person. If not it's just a pile of shit.

Reply to
bert

it appears to be deliberately ambiguous

it appears to be deliberately ambiguous

with small batteries and large fuel tanks - agreed

but it is big batteries and small fuel tanks that are required to have a noticeable effect on their emissions

tim

Reply to
tim...

TBH I suspect that they will have to put then ones by the door without charging facilities so that they aren't hogged by people who want to park up for 2 hour just to top up

tim

Reply to
tim...

So are you.

Reply to
dennis

So why does that mean they need a charger at every space? Do you think electric car drivers are blind and can't see signs?

ATM they have reserved spaces and they would lose them if all the spaces were the same.

Reply to
dennis

.

Actually it has a lot to do with it, as one of the prime jusficiations is that electric cars will reduce fossil fuel consumption since they will be charged by windmills and solar panels.

Charging an EV from a coal fired powerstation probably increases emissions.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

he didnt say that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

good from Cockburnspath to Edinburgh. Not really good from Morpeth to Berwick either.

Reply to
charles

But my assumption is all encompassing.

Reply to
bert

I've just explained that.

Jesus wept.

Reply to
bert

Is it? I thought it was to reduce noxious outputs and improve air quality as ordered by the courts.

I think the plan is to close down all coal fired power stations long before 2040 regardless.

Reply to
bert