OT: How the electric car revolution could backfire

The 50kW chargers are DC at a higher voltage. The AC ones are either 13A,32A,180A. Many of the charge points can supply either 230V AC or DC but not both at the same time. Multiple charge points can be collocated.

Some are free, some cost per minute some per kWhr.

For example

which shows which chargers are in use and what type and cost there is to them.

Something dick doesn't understand.

Reply to
dennis

well if you had read on before jumping in...

and that is the point. overnight trickle charging is very possible with current existing domestic supplies.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A full charge of a 100kWh Telsa would take over 13 hours

Reply to
Andy Burns

if you can afford a tesla you can afford 3ph

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So don't buy a tesla.

A renault zoe has the same range and can be charged overnight. Its also a third of the price.

Reply to
dennis

Go on then, tell me where to get the Heinz London Grill which I referenced in the post to which Tim was replying to.

It's not even listed on their web site products list, and I can't see it on Morrisons one either.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

You may be surprised by the number of people who do, Up at four , commence journey at 4.30 do 200 miles on a motorway @

50mph arrive at clients premises around 8.30 -9.30 . Install /mend office, catering equipment, signs , give training course or any number of things till 3.30 -4pm grabbing a lunch break in between. leave at 4.30 get home at at 8.30 pm. Load vehcle up with equipment delivered by courier to your home read for next day have meal then bed. That's 8 hours at the clients premises doing productive work,,the driving may be classed as non productive time at work or not counted at all depending onyour employment relationship or if you are self employed.

It's no wonder many suffer from stress and related health problems aand drink loads of RedBull

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

In message , Huge writes

I like The Angel - she marks the half way spot between home and family down south.

Reply to
Graeme

The trouble with a methanol fuel cell is that it produces CO2 as an exhaust, and bearing in mind you have to synthesize the stuff to start with, the inefficiencies associated with that, and that a methanol fuel cell is pretty inefficient itself, you're probably better of with an ICE.

Chris Hogg

Is anyone suggesting it isn't? But if I drive 100 miles in the morning, as I'm going to do today, come home for lunch and then want to set out again, trickle charging won't suffice.

Reply to
charles

Well you might like it but it isn't art.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Is that based on the theory that anything which can be made by following an engineering drawing isn't art?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

what is?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, on the notion that each of us defines what is art for himself. The idea that something is inherently art I reject.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

I'm certainly not a fan of 'modern art' as in Tracey Emin, Damien Hirst etc., but I do like The Angel, both as a personal mileage marker and as an object. Whether or not she is art is probably not for me to say. A sculpture? Henry Moore for a modern generation? I like Newcastle as a city, and The Angel overlooks the city in a 'Rio' way :-)

Reply to
Graeme

No mirrors in your house?

Reply to
Huge

Fortunately, it isn't up to you to define what art is.

Reply to
Huge

"All his concepts were to rarefied for matter So he crushed a chunk of marble into dust, And dispatched it on a complicated platter To a gallery with a label as a bust.

All the critics gaze with ecstasy unfailing At this whole without a sole coherent part, And on windy days they stand in groups inhaling Little puffs of air-borne particles of Art"

Arthur Caddick (the Poet Laureate of West Cornwall), in 'Broadsides from Bohemia', Bossiney Books, 1973, Originally published in Punch.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Please get with the program, none of this "she" business anymore ;-)

Reply to
Richard

How would you define it, then?

Reply to