Velcro sanding discs.

I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl.

The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive.

The Fein has a smaller triangle than the Lidl, so both have their uses.

I've got a fair stock of OEM 'discs' for the Fein, and they work well.

I bought some of the right size from Toolstation for the Lidl one - and they just slip and or fall off in short order.

Are the Toolstation ones just rubbish, or is it the 'hook' side on the Lidl one? I bought a new pad for it in Wicks - and that is no better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not having tried the TS ones or the Lidl machine I can't answer the specific question.

However thought it might be worth noting that Mirka do some "pad saver" interface pads for their sanders. These are thin[1] pads with velcro on both sides, designed to sit between paper and the real backing pad.

Ideal for getting a good grip and extending the life of the backing pad

- if you damage the hook side of the interface pad, its sacrificial, and only costs a few quid to replace. (For the small delta sanders you could probably cut a number out of a 6" round interface pad - although they do delta versions as well).

[1] They also do a padded version design for curve and contour sanding.
Reply to
John Rumm

I have used my Lidl one extensively but only with Lidl disks. I have yet to have one fall off.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Yes - I'm guessing the TS one are rubbish. Just wondered if anyone else could confirm this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why not trim one of the TS ones to size, attach that to the Fein and see how it performs ?

Although all hook and loop systems appear to be identical, when matching pairs from different systems there may be subtle differences in the distribution and density of the hooks and loops and their sizes.

michael adams

michael adams