multi tool velcro sanding pads - any alternatives?

Fed up of multi tool velcro backing pad things losing their grip &/or getting messed up with the backing of sanding sheets.... Are there any alternatives?

I have a tungsten carbide rasp but thats going a bit far!!

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

The Saxton Blades ones are a fair bit better.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try running the tool at slow speed when using the hook and loop system. I found the sanding was still good and the pads lasted until they were worn out.

Mike

Reply to
mail-veil

/ The Medway Handyman

-show quotedtext -The Saxton Blades ones are a fair bit better./q

Better than Bosch?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

They seem to last a lot longer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

/Try running the tool at slow speed when using the hook and loop system. I found the sanding was still good and the pads lasted until they were worn out.

Mike /q

I'll give that a try thks

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Drop the speed, lots. Backing pads last for many dozens of sheets when they are not overheated.

Reply to
The Other Mike