multi tool velcro sanding pads - any alternatives?

Fed up of multi tool velcro backing pad things losing their grip &/or getting messed up with the backing of sanding sheets.... Are there any alternatives?
I have a tungsten carbide rasp but thats going a bit far!!
Jim K
On 08/08/2014 21:30, JimK wrote:

The Saxton Blades ones are a fair bit better.

/ The Medway Handyman
-show quotedtext -The Saxton Blades ones are a fair bit better./q
Better than Bosch?
Jim K
On 08/08/2014 23:19, JimK wrote:

They seem to last a lot longer.

Try running the tool at slow speed when using the hook and loop system. I found the sanding was still good and the pads lasted until they were worn out.
Mike
/Try running the tool at slow speed when using the hook and loop system. I found the sanding was still good and the pads lasted until they were worn out.
Mike /q
I'll give that a try thks
Jim K

Drop the speed, lots. Backing pads last for many dozens of sheets when they are not overheated.