Parkside multitool sanding pads

Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl only sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a similar pack from Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool while sanding so, obviously, I have to be careful about which ones I buy.

Reply to
Dot

You may find with time the backing pad wears and needs replacing.

Probably well worth getting some pad savers - since these are usually much cheaper than the actual backing pad:

These folks have pretty much every multitool blade in a range of fittings. They do sanding sheets as well:

John Rumm

Toolstation sell suitable sized ones. Snag being the velcro seems rubbish.

I bought a new universal pad in Wicks - thinking it might be that - but they don't stick well to that either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The main thing is don't run them fast as the velcro heats up and softens. A good air flow from the vac helps keep them cool too.

Running at slow speed heats the motor more IME, so less time between cool downs.

Reply to
dennis

I have abused the backing pads in the past by applying too much pressure when sanding and the backing pads have probably become too hot. Once they have lost the Velcro type surface no sanding sheet, irrespective of the brand, will stick to them.

Shortly after destroying my backing pad I did see that the ALid/Lidl multitool tool-set did contain a replacement backing pad. It was complete rubbish and didn't last very long - and it wasn't abused too much.

I did find a suitable replacement at Saxton Blades which has lasted well.

As for sanding pads I've found the Bosch branded ones to be good but they are not cheapest. I purchased them in boxes of 50(?).

Consider also that if someone is putting too much pressure on the (sanding) tool when in use in order to remove, say, a thick layer of paint then maybe they are using a too fine grade of sanding sheet for the first pass of the tool. I've found that I use much more of a very coarse grit paper than I do with a finer grit.

Reply to
alan_m

I also have a Fein, and that doesn't seem to suffer the same problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool parkside PMFW 310 D2

Reply to
Demis

Generic loop and hook sanding pads from Saxton Blades

Probably generic loop and hook sanding pads from Toolstaion and screwfix.

Ebay - just search for "multitool sanding pads loop"

Reply to
alan_m

Isn't this a case where size matters? And, don't these have holes in them, that need to line up?

Reply to
GB

I doubt if it makes any practical difference.

Reply to
alan_m