Fein clone and spare blades at Aldi next week.

The Fein-alike is back at Aldi along with a ten quid accessories pack.

bought a previous model a few years ago and it's been very good.

Reply to
mike

No good posting that now, by the time next week comes round some of us will have forgotten about it altogether (and its more than a gallon of fuel to the nearest Aldi anyway)

Reply to
The Other Mike

That's why it has been posted now. Save fuel.............start walking.

Reply to
Nick

Any idea if the blades fit the Bosch PMF180 (anyone?) Bloody cheap (assuming they're any good) if they do. Not far to Aldi from here....

Reply to
GMM

-- Phil Addison

Reply to
Phil Addison

It refers to Bosch in the ad

Reply to
stuart noble

That's what I'd like to know (for 250CE), as a couple of sets'd be handy.

Reply to
PeterC

I'm up for a couple of sets at that price. WD40 on offer as well!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How useful are they? People keep saying get one here, but I don't think I've needed one yet. I've already got a similar style scaper/sander, but that's all it does.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

've needed one yet. I've already got a similar style scaper/sander, but tha= t's all it does.

Great for cutting through floorboards neatly - much better than buggering about with a circ. or a snapped off jigsaw. I've used it to remove part of skirting where the rest needed to be left in place. The fact that it doesn't throw dust everywhere is good too.

It's one of those tools that you don't use everyday but you wouldn't want to be without it when you've tried it.

Reply to
mike

I have a Fein, and don't use it for cutting floorboards over a joist. The jigsaw is much quicker. Unless I'm missing a much coarser blade.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've needed one yet. I've already got a similar style scaper/sander, but t= hat's all it does.

I have a feeling I'll get it and never use it

NT

Reply to
meow2222

For me it's less than 3/4 of a mile, since they opened a new store a fortnight ago - unfortunately I've bought such a beast in that fortnight!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

but how do you start cutting a floorboard with a jigsaw?

fantastic tool my bosch PMF, i have a knackered semicircular blade for cutting into plaster and other newer tools for all sorts of little jobs, carving finials, cutting inline with exisiting wood etc etc...

[g]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge

Look at the 'Cutting floorboards' thread. BTW, it's why the front of the jigsaw bed plate is rounded.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's what I thought. Then I needed to trim eight doorframes to fit a wooden floor, and bought a Bosch. (Then when Aldi did a cordless one I decided having the corded one was enough. I haven't regretted that - yet.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

needed one yet. I've already got a similar style scaper/sander, but that's all it does.

Exactly my experience. I keep mine in the van all the time. Probably gets used 2 or 3 times a month, but when you come across those embuggerance jobs its invaluable.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wonder whether the blades are the wood-only type or wood and metal type?

Reply to
Fred

Might be a slow reader like dennis.

Reply to
ARW

I looked in my instruction manual (bought end of 2009) and the it says the plunge cutting blades are for wood and soft materials and the semi- circular blade is for hard and soft wood, plastics and non-ferrous metals --- dunno whether it's still the same. I'm on a new batch of three plunge blades now bought from Speciality Diamond on eBay --- worked out about =A32 each inc P&P from US IIRC.

I just did a quick Google for "Aldi manual" to see if I could find the bumf for this year's model and this is what came up:

mike