Aldi Plumbers tools

Aldi have these on offer from Thursday

bought a set last time they had them. The waterpump pliers are excellent, well worth £7:99 on their own. The waste pliers are also excellent for getting that extra turn on a compression waste. Never used the stiltsons but they are very solidly made.

Real bargain.

BTW, anyone know how this works?

The Medway Handyman

lol

I wish they'd sell Pipe benders,something they havn't sold yet?

Reply to
George

That might be a flexible rod or probe. I used one when I had a septic tank if I found any blocked outlets.

Once the blockage was two very young rats!

Reply to
Ariadne

It also works for poking out leaves if any land in gullies, etc. It's a great tool and quite gentle since you just jiggle it about.

Reply to
Ariadne

and now:

be useful for a bit of concrete related brutality. Anyone had a previous Aldi SDS?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

stuff the other end down the plug hole of the blocked drain. Turn on the tap and jets of water squirt out the far end dislodging the crud.

This is fine provided the pipe has enough diameter left to carry the lumps of dislodged crud...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Oh, and ALDI's claim of suitable "for light demolition work" may be an understatement.

According to:

's an 8kg monster, with 8.8J impact energy.

Reply to
Tim S

Yes, it works well. My hands are numb from yesterdays work on old concrete post holes. :((

It weighs a ton and is only suitable for short time use, unless you work out three hours a day. In which case buy two, one for each hand.

Reply to
EricP

The basic idea is good. Long hose with a tiny waterjet nozzle at the end. If you have kitchen sink drains with fat buildup (and you can solve the adapter issue), then it removes deposits quite effectively.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I was more interested in the diamond core drill set but they don't give the diameters of the cores! Same for the drill set (though I have a fairly comprehensive collection anyway). If the core set doesn't have something that will allow a 110mm pipe to pass through I'm not that interested as the nearest Aldi is a 50 mile round trip.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If you are using them occasionally for DIY, then they are fine. A serious pipe fitter would laugh at them as they would last a month or so.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Don't expect budget SDS drills to last when under intense use. They are fine for "occasional" DIY use. Budget mains drills are fine, they are great value for money.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Unless you've actually tried them you're just guessing. And probably a poor guess. Certainly Lidl tools are up to as much use/abuse as any other. And better than many 'brands' at a much higher price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You've changed your tune. At one time you said the sites were full of tradesmen using 'shed' brands relying on the long warranty to give them value. Perhaps you've actually visited some sites.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No one uses cheap SDS drills. The only one I know, used a £25 cheapo as a distress purchase when his SDS burnt out on a job. I know another who has a £25 cheapie in his van in case his prime SDS burns out. This gives reduces down time until the prime SDS is replaced ASAP, like next day from Screwfix direct to a job. Down time can kill the profit on a job if it runs over another day and another customer is waiting for a promised 8:00 am start the next day.

I know many who have cheapish battery drills and mains general purpose drills.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Again...."If you are using them occasionally for DIY, then they are fine. A serious pipe fitter would laugh at them as they would last a month or so."

When water pump pliers slip they can be dangerous.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Saying it again doesn't make it true as you're just guessing.

Any tool slipping can be dangerous.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The one thing that shows up a cheap cordless tool is the poor batteries (and often poor charger). Both making their use for pro work a nonsense.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Again...."If you are using them occasionally for DIY, then they are fine. A serious pipe fitter would laugh at them as they would last a month or so."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They replace when the batteries are running down.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel