Aldi multi-tool

Aldi have a cordless multi-tool for 40 quid this Thursday. Three year guarantee too.

Dave Plowman (News)

to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

> Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

I couldn't quite work out what it was from the picture.

It mentions a fast rate of rotation and a diamond blade but is the blade oscillatory or rotating?

Reply to
Martin Brown

Same as all multi-tools - it oscillates. If it rotated, it would simply be a version of a circular saw. An oscillating blade makes it much safer to use - as there's no tendency to grab or kickback.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah. Thanks. When I see multitool I tend to think of a glofied fat Swiss Army knife crossed with a pair of pliers with the added obscure device for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves etc.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yes - it's not a particularly apt name. Things like drills can do more than one task too, by changing what you fit to them, so no different in principle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

> Decided to buy one. Looks well made and I'd say amazing value.

Seems very good to me - made short work of some window frames I'm working on. Also useful on silicone removal from the little go I've had

- and my new house seems to be built of the stuff. I'd made my mind up on the Bosch equivalent, but had not quite got round to it. Glad I hadn't - third of the price and I can't see what's not to like, yet.

Managed to take £100-odd of my money all in - biscuit jointer (impressive, but wobbly/erratic height guide so care needed), saws (3 for £7, excellent), clamps, brushes, mastics, silicone scrapers, paint, DAB radio (OK, £16, bit tinny).

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Well I've just bought one of these Aldi tools and on attaching the blade to= have a go with it I tightened the allen key fitting and the main shaft rot= ated and now the thing doesn't work. I don't know if this is one-off but I'= m taking it back and not sure if I want a replacement.

Reply to
Murmansk

Also there are some surprisingly effective gizmos for resealing bags this w= eek that go by the name of AnyLock

No connection with = them just impressed by what is a simple but effective (perhaps too fragile)= design. (ALDI have them for about the same as the online postage charge)

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
|||newspam|||