ALDI FYI

Sunday special buys- 4 piece cordless kit, 18v drill, torch, jigsaw, angle grinder - £39:99.

Worth £40 for a cordless angle grinder with 2 batteries?

also have a 60 LED rechargeable work light for £10.

The Medway Handyman

so it's very useful as a car emergency light for changing a wheel or inspecting things and runs a long time without charging. But as a work light? No. It's too directional. A similar fluorescent type is better for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

CPC were recently advertising something called an LED Floodlight using

28 LEDS.

PRO ELEC - HT010128 - FLOODLIGHT 28 LED - £5.97 ex vat

it looks like a mini-halogen floodlight and it offered me such promise that it might have a light scattering reflector inside to splay out the light, or used some fantastically sorted LED technology as they use in torches.

Er, no. These are standard white panel LEDS. Get me a candle....

Maybe I should have looked closely at the photo. ;-(

Reply to
Adrian C

Does the battery pack fit the bosch style power drill? I need some new batteries for occasional use as my old ones on the bosch =

are knackered.

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

exceptionally unlikely

Either buy new tagged cells and fit them into the bosch packs or send them away to companies that will do it for you. Allowing for inevitable wear & tear on the old drill, you are normally better off waiting for a promotion on a new tool with a couple of batteries bundled in.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

pound toolkit about 7 years ago. The batteries are 14.4V NiCd and not great

- they don't even say the capacity on them. The charger is a simple slow resistor-in-a-box job. I don't think they would fit other tools, but I haven't tried. And the shank of the drill bent after not much use, so it doesn't drill straight any more (but is OK for power screwdriving).

Sounds like they might have addressed the battery issue, but I wouldn't expect too much from the tools themselves.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Are there any recommended sites for buying the tagged cells? dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

about half that of a mains one. The batteries are 1.3a/hr Ni/Cd.

Didn't buy one.

60 LED work light looks great - shame I already have one :-(
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

but that doesnt make it a no-go.

Tim..