Aldi 18v Li Ion circular saw

Sorry to post a power tool review on this EU discussion group.

Aldi had the above on sale last week @ £69:99. 150mm circular saw, parallel guide, 1 hour charger, 24 tooth TCT blade, decent carry case & one 18v 3 A/hr Li Ion battery. In the case was an offer leaflet for another battery @ £40, so I bought one which arrived in 3 days.

Apparently Workzone Titanium+ is Aldis premium range of power tools and AIUI are available all the time, not just offers. "Made" by Walter Werkzuerge Saltzburg GMBH, no indication of where it's actually made though. Very good instruction book in perfect English.

Not used in anger yet, but I'm very impressed with it so far. Cast alluminum base, decent quality rip fence and it has a nice 'heft' to it. Seems well made.

Batteries have an LED indicator showing charge level, charger has similar. No riving knife (a benefit IMO) safety trigger button & a laser (not much use to me).

150mm x 10mm blades seem to be easily available.

Time will tell, but so far I'm very impressed with it. £110 for an 18v saw & 2 x 3 A/hr Li Ion batteries is a pretty good deal IMO.

Reply to
David Lang

I got the Lidl one earlier this year. Fairly similar spec, but only a 1.6 amp.hr battery - shared with other models I have so ok. But IIRC was about

40 quid, and spare batteries under 30 quid.

I do have a larger mains one for heavy duty work, so this one is fine for smaller work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)