Lidl Li-ion circular saw

Anyone got/used one of these? £50 currently in Lidl.

I feel I might get more done due to the convenience of it.

And if it's less powerful than a plug-in, i'd prefer using it.

Reply to
R D S

I collected their previous set of saw, jigsaw and drill that shared the same battery. Ideal for my sort of light DIY use. For heavy use a larger battery might be better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IIRC (can't see it now) it's 20V? I've got the 18V version - very impressed for my light use (mainly 18mm MDF/ply and floorboards) - smooth and easy to handle. I've also got a cheap mains one - but that's not far behind an angle grinder for sheer terror. The cordless is far nicer, and I use it a fair bit.

The battery is the main limitation - quick to charge but not high capacity. I bought a drill at the same time with the same battery - but watch out if you do that, and check the batteries are the same.

I got one of their sawboards too - obviously no good for 2.4m lengths, but otherwsie very effective.

Reply to
RJH

At the time, you could order extra batteries from the maker at about 30 quid each. Bought a couple. The jigsaw is particularly good. They are the sort of thing that doesn't get used for long periods here, so the small battery less of a problem.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How do you reckon it would handle worktop? I occasionally find myself chopping them up at work.

Reply to
R D S

I thought that was just down to Li-Ion tools in USA going by the fully charged 5x4.2V ~20V rating and in Europe going by the flat 5x3.7V ~18V rating?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think that'd be pushing it. I've no doubt it'd manage but it'd be a slow and battery intensive process. At a very rough guess, I'd say 1 battery charge per metre of 40mm. I'd wait for someone to confirm before you buy one off the back of that, though ;-)

Reply to
RJH

I'd go along with that, well 2ft anway, but has it even got the depth of cut to get through 38mm wortops ?

michael adams

michael adams

48mm cut depth I think.
Reply to
R D S

Yes, and Bosch in Europe are now calling all their 10,8V tools 12V

Reply to
DJC

I bought one figuring it would come in handy worktop or not.

Tested it today on a 28mm worktop and it did OK, it stalled if rammed right in there but taken slowly it got through it OK and I managed a cut more quickly than I had expected.

Reply to
R D S