Sheds - Easter Discounts?

Anybody know if anything's coming up that would make a deferred purchase (£500ish) worthwhile? Wickes has what I need, but other sheds might be OK.

Reply to
RJH

Is it possible that prices might actually rise at Easter? The start of the (amateur) gardening season.

It might help if you said where you are. We got an excellent shed last year from a firm who make their own near Harrogate: Dicksons.

In message , F writes

Agree with both those points. Last time I bought a shed it was from a one man band, some years ago, and the price was much the same as 'the sheds'. For that, the bloke made an excellent shed, to the exact size required. He and his son then delivered it on a flat bed trailer, and erected it in the garden. I was so impressed I bought another one.

Reply to
Graeme

Worth watching the following, I think ...

How to build a really SOLID shed - Colin Furze

Adrian Caspersz

We currently have four sheds, of varying sizes!

All bought from a local company, Eagle Sheds (Sandwich, Kent). They build whatever size and configuration you want, then deliver and erect. Very solid, excellent quality. We bought one from them in 1987, and it's still in good nick (in the garden of our previous house, just round the corner).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Are you sure that the OP actually wants to buy a shed as opposed to buying some other commodity *from* a shed - Wickes, B&Q, Homebase, etc.

Seems to me that you could read it either way.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Sorry yes, not buying a shed, but buying *from* one of the sheds (B&Q, Wickes etc).

Reply to
RJH

Screwfix don't appear to be having anything earth-shattering on the SFDOTD list

Presumably Homebase won't either, as their new motto seems to be "same old shit at same price all year".

B&Q only list blinds and curtains as having a price cut when you search for "Easter" on their website.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Homebase often used to have 15% days or whatever over bank holiday weekends - and there are several of those coming up - but I don't what the policy of their new owners is.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Your AVG is making it look like *I* included the malformed sigsep and advert, rather than you (presumably it does it for received messages?)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've no idea whose SIG you're quoting, but it ain't mine!!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ah, I see. I failed to strip out someone else's malformed SIG - but it

*was* above my contribution, with my properly formed SIG below it, as per this post.
Reply to
Roger Mills

Well it*was you that replied to my reply to RJH, and the AVG sig appeared at that stage, so I disagree, or are you claiming not to use AVG?

Reply to
Andy Burns

OK.

yes, that made it look like it was my sig, and I thought it might have happened if AVG did it on receipt, rather than on sending, never mind.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Apologies. On further investigation it appears that AVG was appending the offending text to all posts which I *read*. If I then replied without noticing, it appeared to have come from the previous poster.

This appears to be something which was introduced without my knowledge in the most recent update to AVG. I've been into the setup and removed scanning of NNTP newsgroup posts - so that will hopefully have fixed it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Kind of what I thought was going on, no problem ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Roger Mills writes

I am at last in the process of putting up the steel shed I got from a shed. A Gardenpro Masterstore 15081M from Homebase. Made in Australia and "Ready for 180mph Winds". The clip together panel system is quite clever, but the instructions and diagrams for framing structure and corner construction are dire. A slight gust of wind while mounting the door resulted in a bent frame that I will have to bodge using proper materials. The manufacturer "Loves feedback" but didn't answer my email about mounting the door at the other end.

I won't be buying another one.

Reply to
Bill

Its easy..

4x2 frame

For the walls

12mm ply on the inside clad the outside, 6mm ply is cheap 75 mm of fibre glass insulation.

For the roof and floor put the 12 mm ply on the top and the 6mm ply on the bottom.

Reply to
dennis

Best thing for that is an old Caravan, then you can tow it down the dump and empty it there. If your two existing and garage are full then you are a hoarder and the 3rd shed will just stay full too.

You are not alone.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Wait until you try building the Screwfix version! I believe it's much worse. Never again!

Reply to
Capitol