Would like your opinions on this.
Got my son and daughter-in-law a First Alert Smoke/CO alarm for their house.
They are both as non-technical as you can imagine.
Thought a bit about what to tell them to do if the Alarm goes off, falsely. Apparently, this is a fairly "common" occurrence.
Alarm has a 10 year, non-replaceable, sealed battery.
Did a Google search, and these batteries are apparently Li-Ion.
The alarm also has a small slider switch, with a break-away tab in the back, to permanently disable the battery, and any ringing.
My guess is that at 3:00 AM, it's not a very good option for them to start playing with.
So, I told them to just dump it in a bucket of water.
But, having found out that it is a Li-Ion battery, this doesn't sound like a good idea anymore. Explosion hazard in water, etc. ?
Any thoughts on this bucket of water approach, etc. ? Other ?