Smoke Alarm Li-Ion Battery. Bucket Of Water Approach To Stop Ringing ?

There are deaths here in the US each year from CO poisoning and it's not from "old fires". Typical example is a chimney used by a boiler, furnace, water heater becomes obstructed, perhaps a rodent's nest. People go to sleep and never wake up. I have a CO alarm in my home. But you of course are free to do as you please.

Reply to
trader_4

Of course it can. There are deaths here in the news every winter where people died from CO from a home boiler, furnace, etc malfunctioning. Geez, you must not pay attention to the news much, because I'm sure it's not a US only problem.

Reply to
trader_4

Why have an alarm or something that'll probably never happen, and you'll notice anyway by the smell.

And please think before you say CO is odourless....

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

CO gives you a headache. You'd notice.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It is odorless and people, sometimes entire families, die from CO from a malfunctioning furnace, boiler, etc every year. Why do you insist on making an ass of yourself?

Reply to
trader_4

I asked you to think. Try again.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Not if you're asleep. And plenty of people have noticed they have a headache, don't feel right, so they figure they're getting cold or the flue, go to sleep early, and then never wake up.

I have a CO detector in my house. It's been code here for about 15 years now. I had one long before that. But you can do as you please. In fact, many of us here wish you would.

Reply to
trader_4

This CO leak starts suddenly does it? And you have the boiler in your bedroom?

And they fail to smell it?!

What is it with Americans and "code"? Why do you all follow instructions like pathetic little robots?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

UK has no building codes? I see. Now run along and go f*ck yourself. Idiot!

Reply to
trader_4

They're called something less childish than "code", and nobody adheres to them.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Are you a moron? If you were buying a house, wouldn't you want to be sure it was built to code?

Reply to
Trumpet

A) Why do you assume everyone has a boiler? Do you not know about forced air heat?

B) I don't at all believe you that a boiler can't break that badly. A boiler is like other furnaces except that it uses the heat to heat water.

I don't have a boiler but like all furnaces, my furnace vents outside. That didn't stop the CO from reaching poisonous levels when the flue was partly clogged. The CO alarm went off and it protected me. Like Thomas says, things can break. Don't tell anyone else who uses fire to heat their house that they don't need a CO detector. You're going to kill someone.

Reply to
micky

People get the headache and think they are sick so they go to bed and then they die.

Some are sleeping in the first place and never wake up.

You haven't been around here long, under your current name, so I haven't noticed if you are so stupid in other threads

Are you trying to kill someone?, because if anyone takes your advice and dies, you're as guilty as if you murdered him.

Do as you please, Maybe you'll kill your wife or kids before you, and then you'll know you were wrong.

I guess you're a troll. No one could be as stupid as you sound.

Reply to
micky

I guess you haven't seen enough of his posts, or you would not have to ask.

Reply to
trader_4

I gave the idiot a link to a UK news story of a millionaire's daughter that died of CO poisoning in a new home with a boiler, the boiler was inspected just 2 years prior. I also gave him links to health authorities in UK outlining that CO poisoning from malfunctioning heat sources is a real problem that sends hundreds to the ER and kills each year.

+1
Reply to
trader_4

No, I'm not a pathetic pessimist. If part of the house I bought didn't look up to standards (by my own inspection), I might ask for a discount so I could fix it. That's all.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Your childish remark speaks volumes.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Use neanderthal shit if you like. If that can blow gas into your house, why are you using it? Why are you using inferior crap, then implementing workaround safety measures?

And the fumes from the gas go OUTSIDE. Not into my bedroom.

If the flue is blocked, the exhaust gases can't go anywhere else, nothing could happen except the flame extinguishing. Why on earth would they come into your house?

I'm not killing anyone, everyone can make their own decisions. Leave your blame society bullshit inside your head where it belongs.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I keep explaining to you why it can't happen, and you are unable to come up with a sensible retort.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword