Self-levelling

I've built an enclosed front porch, about 4m2 including 1m2 of original porch recessed in front of the old front door.

Before laying some Indian sandstone that I have lying about, on my new concrete floor, I need to raise the level of said floor by about an inch and a half. Am I OK just bunging in a very sloppy mix of sharp sand and cement, then laying the stone once it's set, or should I mix something stronger?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I think I might lay cheap slabs (inch and a quarter?) and put your sandstone on top of that.

Reply to
stuart noble

It's a thought, although I do have a cement mixer to hand...

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster