Aldi Multifunction tool?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_21213.htm
Is it any good and do bosch/worx/someonelses attachments and consumables fit?
Thanks
Cheers Adam

Although they say price reduced I don't remember Aldi offering this before. Certainly this is a good buy in terms of price and I would think it pretty likely that the tools are interchangeable with one of the standard makes. There are tools available on ebay that will fit all major manufacturers - I've bought them and they fit the Bosch well. It would seem that the pitch of the interlocking splines etc., is consistent from one supplier to the next and it is the shape of the locating pins that vary. The Ebay tools seem to cope with this.
You can always buy it and take it back if the tools aren't interchangeable on the grounds that they only supply a couple of tools with it. Rob
Rob
robgraham was thinking very hard :

They offered it about a year ago. I thought of getting one, but could not decide whether it was useful or not.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Same here. I saw it advertised on QVC (yes I did watch it :-) ). It was way more than that price thought - I think it was near 100. Looks useful but not sure if I'd ever use it.

I've had the Bosch version for a year or two now: You're right in that you don't get it out very often but, when you do, it's often the only thing that will do the job and saves you a huge amount of effort...and swearing....
On 13/10/2011 23:01, GMM wrote:

I have the Bosch & would second that. Blades are expensive but I've now found the Faithful ones that are reasonable & fit perfectly.

GMM wrote:

Yes, when the Aldi one was out last year, I thought "shall I get one just in case it's useful", and didn't before they sold out. Several months later, I had a wood floor to lay, and bought a Bosch for trimming around door frames. That _could_ have all been done with hand tools, but plunge cutting with the multitool was so much easier. Similarly cutting a neat square hole in plasterboard without cutting into what was behind it.
On 13/10/2011 22:36, dave wrote:

I think I remember the multimaster being advertised on one of the shopping channels once...
--
Cheers,

John.

On 13/10/2011 21:37, robgraham wrote:

See the section on tool interchangeability here:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Oscillating_tools
--
Cheers,

John.

In article

I dunno Aldi power tools. Had it been Lidl, I'd have said go for it. As regards the design, my Fein doesn't get used often - but when it does, earns its money. And it was a lot more expensive than that.
--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*

I own both their 4.5" angle grinder and the 140W (?) rotary tool. For occasional DIY use they have been fine. Don't have any Lidl power tools though I'd imagine they would be broadly similar.

Got a range of Aldi`s air tools through the years ;-) later ones are naffer actually used a plastic moulding round the air inlet and didnt`t come in a blow mouled box, mains Dremel alike has been great.
Think I`m convinced , couple of near tile jobs that would be easier with such a tool... ;-)
Cheers Adam

Bought one in 2009 when they reduced it to 30 and it's been excellent. This is the third year they've had them and it looks like the dust extraction connector has had a make-over this year as it sticks out in a different direction. Bit of a faff to fit it but haven't ever found it necessary as the small oscillation means the dust is very localised.
Used it loads and wouldn't be without it. Finally managed to wear out the original plunge-cutting blade recently when sawing through some thin ceiling joists over a rickety lath-and plaster ceiling.
The Aldi has four pins on the blade seat so other manufacturer's spares with 12 holes or star fitting are interchangeable with it.
You can mail order spare blades from Aldi's service agent but they're cheaper from eBay.
On 13/10/11 20:42, Adam Aglionby wrote:

its a cheap version of the Bosch PMF which is a cheaper version of the Fein Multimaster.
I have the Bosch PMF, was recommended it here, fantastic tool, use it for cutting floorboards and other fiddly cuts which would be messy without it.
and aggressive sanding.
Dont know if the LIDL one is complatible with baldes for the Fein or Bosch.
[g]