Yup...decent biscuits fro Aldi

got some this morning and tried one out...they swell well...taste bloody awful though. :-)

George

Erm! :-)

George

Piers Finlayson

Mine are all gummed up so I can't see any ! Rob

Reply to
robgraham

But that got me thinking: are you supposed to soak biscuits (the spear-leaf-shaped bits of wood, not yer ginger nuts or digestives) to fit the slot made by your biscuit slot cutter? I bought a biscuit router blade and some biscuits from Screwfix a while back but the bikkies were fit "like a turd in a shirt sleeve" (as my lecturer back in Tech used to memorably say). I assumed it was because I was using a B&Q "PP" brand router which had been around a bit and you could actually see the end of the bit wobbling as it slowed down. But maybe I ws missing some other bit of technique with the biscuits?

Reply to
John Stumbles

The biscuits are a fairly loose fit, but they swell in contact with the glue & expand to give a tight fit. Thats why you should store them in a sealed plastic box.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The official word from Lamello (*the* name in biscuit technology) is that their own brand biscuits are made from compressed beech to between 3.9 and 4.0mm thick. When wetted with glue, they expand by 0.1 to 0.15mm. Their cutters are all ground to 4.0mm.

Reply to
PCPaul