sds masonry drills at Aldi

a decent price if they're any good.

Reply to
brass monkey

> Seems a decent price if they're any good.

I have no problems with buying cheap long (1m) SDS masonry bits. The buggers will eventually get stuck and break no matter what you pay for them. At least when the apprentice loses them the cheap ones are easier on the wallet to replace.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Or the cable access kit:

many fittings for the end compared to SF or TS similar kits but TBH you tape on what ever you are pulling/pushing through anyway.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They do look interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if they are the Silverline ones? And the Silverline ones are not too bad IMHO.

ARWadsworth

I have some 600mm SDS+ bits bought from Aldi which are an absolute godsend, having 550mm stone walls everywhere. Not manged to snap one, or get one irretrievably stuck yet (but maybe I'll by a spare set given ARW's note!).

I'd be interested in knowing if this core drill set is likely to be any good, as I need to drill a bunch of 100mm holes soon. Some in the stone, some in brick and block. (Last time I drilled 100mm hole through my 550mm stone walls it took me 3 hours with what I assume was decent, diamond tipped, bit - rented.

Piers Finlayson

> Seems a decent price if they're any good.

Yes, the 1000mm set is fine - haven't snapped the thin one yet. Was the same price last year.

Reply to
Adrian C

Interesting but I've got a similar kit made of 10 shorter 33cm lengths, (Rolson from Maplin*). It's more of a fit for my out and about toolbox.

1m is a bit long for that, chances are I'd not have it with me when I really need it. However 10m reach, hmmm.... my wallet is struggling...
  • - that was a £9.99 Maplin deal, 5 "VDE" screwdrivers and the access kit. The screwdrivers were complete crap. Put appreciable torque on them and the shaft either spins inside the handle, or the blade splinters into several chunks of uselessness.

I must buy a decent set of those on the next CPC order...

Reply to
Adrian C

Assuming that they're the same as a couple of years ago, they are OK. We've just put some 8mm holes in concrete and it was dead easy, even with a cheap Lidl drill.

Reply to
PeterC

Oh, and the big ones do go through a wall with no trouble at all.

Reply to
PeterC

I have. But they do not last forever:-)

Eventually they either break or start to splinter. Having to cut your finger open to get a splinter of fibre glass rod out is not good fun. The same applies to all makes no matter what they cost. And you have to remember mine get a lot of hammer so buying 3 sets now at a cheaper price than I usually pay makes sense.

Reply to
ARWadsworth