[?] Lifted veneer on a table - what to do now.

Hello,
We have a large teak-veneered wood dining table on the centre of which, when it is not being used for meals, we have been placing a small pot of (real) flowers. Unfortunately some water from a recent watering has soaked into the table and caused its veneer to bubble up slightly, close to its centre.
Hindsight is wonderful - we shouldn't have allowed this to happen, of course, but now that it has, can anyone in this NG tell me if there is anything I can do to improve the situation and get the raised veneer to go back down again?
If it's a job than can only be done by a professional carpenter or furniture restorer, I'm curious to know how they would go about doing it and if it's likely to be an expensive job?
Many TIA - Dave
--
David C.Chapman - ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

I'm reminded of this old advert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djEcmrA-y1Y

Sorry, no help.
--
Andrew Gabriel
David Chapman wrote:

Umm. Depending on the glue used, you can use PVA. let it dry, and iron the veneer back down...PVA sort of works like a hot melt glue..
OR use a heavy flat weight,. a sheet of polythene, and superglue.
You will need to strip and refinish most if not all of the surface to repair properly.

Drill through from underneath *very carefully*, inject some glue and compress with a heavy weight ? Simon.