Aldi plumbers pliers set.

FYI this is back on offer. Quality is excellent, I bought a set 5 years ago & use them all the time. The water pump pliers are the sort where one part goes through the other, rather than by the side. The waste fitting pliers are really good for plastic compression fittings.

Bargain of the year at £8.

The Medway Handyman

can grow stilsons in my shed (I think they're the fruit of the Dexion tree), but it's worth it for the plastic-jawed pair alone.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hello,

I hadn't heard of waste pipe pliers before but both posts recommend them so I'll certainly take a look. The one thing that puzzles me is aren't waste compression fittings only supposed to be hand tight? Why would you need pliers? OTOH if they can be used on sink and basin traps, I find they do need to be tight to be leak free. In fact, even when tight and with the supplied washer, I find they need to have plumbers mait to be leak free!

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

>> Hello,

Some times they need that extra 'graunch' to stop them leaking & sometimes they are positioned so its hard to get a grip with your hand.

V OTOH if they can be used on sink and basin

They do work on wastes & I agree, they are a PITA to seal.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I reckon they are the best I've ever used :-)

WD40 is an excellent fertiliser for stiltsons

but it's worth it for the plastic-jawed pair alone.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Medway Handyman saying something like:

Picked up a set this morning - ok, but especially the waste pliers are worth it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon