Aldi Plumbers tools

well duh, how many proffesional people buy their tools from aldi tho,

i thought this was a DIY group, usually one person doing one off jobs in their house, so why pay 300 quid out for a tool that can be used a billion times without fail when you need it to do 5 or 6 jobs and that's it.

Reply to
gazz

I agree with you. For DIY hand tools use them occasionally and they are fine. A pro started this thread.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

As I said the difference isn't that great - if any at all. There are too many tool 'experts' that think price and brand always determine the actual longevity of a tool. That might have been the case once but not these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for proving yet again you don't ever use a cordless tool in anger. Short life batteries with a poor charger make life a misery when used heavily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just like the one that broke my hand last year!, I have some doubts about the clutch :)

I notice the long drill bits are now a 3 pack instead of a 4, thats inflation for you I guess.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Please eff off you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Steve coughed up some electrons that declared:

I just emailed walter-service.com about that, PRESUMING that like the wall chaser, the ALDI SDS is really a Walter...

I had back a reply very quickly, and I quote an excerpt:

"The rotary hammer is fitted with a safety clutch and this is tested / calibrated on the production line.

Calculated according to the relevant European standard (EN 60745) the max slip torque for the safety clutch in this machine is 68 Nm."

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

No pro worthy of the name would use these things anyway - they damage the surface of whatever you're attempting to turn. A true bodger's tool - probably why you know so much about them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Is that the best you can manage after all those weeks in treatment?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Good job I posted to UK DIY and not UK Serious Pipe Fitters then innit?

I've used the pliers almost on a daily basis for 18 months, they show no signs of wear or damage.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He's got you there Dave. You can't argue with an intelligent sophisticated retort like that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed - as I'd expect. Some time ago I bought the pliers and cutters set from Lidl and the cutters were the equal of very much more expensive ones

- they coped fine with piano wire.

Dribble, of course, is the one who cuts plastic pipe with a hacksaw and floods the street. So has little knowledge about the tools required for plumbing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

I'd have thought he'd have learned a new line by now.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I thought that too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They are far from full pro quality and the price reflects that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He can't.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh no! He's gat me as well!

I am powerless before such sophisticated wit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman