Fein clone and spare blades at Aldi next week.

Yes indeed! I went to Aldi this morning and bought a tool - so that I can keep one at my holiday flat for occasional jobs rather than having to remember to take the Fein. *And* I bought an accessory set - having first compared the centre with a Fein blade and determined that it would fit. I've taken a photo of two blades - one which came with the tool (on the left) and one which came with the accessory set. See:

blade fixing on the tool has four widely spaced pins, and the supplied blades have a ring of 12 holes - enabling the blade to be rotated in 30 degree steps. The supplied blades will *only* fit the tool.

The blades in the accessory pack have an array of teeth and slots - and fit my Fein tool as well as the Aldi tool. I guess that they would also fit Bosch tools - but I don't have one to check. You might be able to work it out from the photo. [When fitted to the Fein, the blade can be rotated in 45 degree steps - the same as with genuine Fein blades].

Reply to
Roger Mills

I noticed that (bought some this morning on the way into work but won't be able to check the Bosch fit until I get home). Still, I normally wreck mine on plaster or something equally unsuitable anyway, regardless of what they're 'rated' for !

Reply to
GMM

Ta, hope they still have some left Saturday.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They fit Bosch and the semi-circular one has just "metal" on it.

Reply to
PeterC

Seem to fit Bosch. Being lazy, I just offered up an Aldi to a Bosch and the holes coincided.

Reply to
PeterC

Don't hold your breath. I went in after lunch to be told they had all sold out that morning. Grrrrr.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They didn't have any left by 5pm today - across all of Hampshire.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thanks, you've saved me a drive tomorrow from the Southwest frontier with Dorset to Romsey or Soton, fortunately sister lives within walking distance of a store elsewhere and picked one up within minutes of a phone call.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

You're welcome and well done. The Fareham manager was very pleasant, he rang around for me and confirmed non available.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There were loads at midday in Hexham...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

if I knew where Hexham was I might get excited.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Northhumberland, ten miles or so west of Newcastle upon Tyne. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes, one of my rellies got married there in 2003. Very pretty area.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Reply to
Steve Firth

No Scotland is a good thirty plus miles up the A68 from Hexham. Hadrians Wall just a few miles north of Hexham and running more or less Carlisle - Newcastle doesn't mark the current border. That runs NE from Gretna on the north of the Solway Firth to just north of Berwick upon Tweed. Newcastle to Berwick is 50+ miles.

This is The Borders, home of the border rievers and bastle houses. The family names of the reviers are still very common.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The Aldi blades currently on sale fit my Bosch PMF180E which has 12 pins to hold the blade.

The Aldi blades have 12 slots which line up with the 12 pins on the Bosch.

Shows my Bosch PMF180E with a Aldi blade

Reply to
alan

They had them still on Friday in Birmingham, so I got a second set for my brother (after checking the first set, bought Thursday am, fitted OK), although they only had one pack left after that. I'm sure there could be a useful social experiment in watching the way these things sell... Not sure what it would show though !

Reply to
GMM

There were loads in my local shop today. If anyone is that bothered, I can get some, and post them on.

Reply to
A.Lee

There were three or four of the tools left in Cambridge on Friday lunchtime. I think I got the last pack of blades though.

Reply to
Alan Braggins