Subject Author Posted Replies

How to cut UPVC trim lengthways?
I want to cut quite a few flexible angle trims lengthways to reduce their width. What is the best way to do this? Clamping between two lengths of 4x2" and then cutting the excess seems like the way to...
8
8

Predicting a graph from 3 (6?) values?
Because there are times when a straight 'old fashioned' analogue panel meter can show (in a human sense) things better than a digital display (and why few car speedos are digital today AFAIK) I...
81
81

Wind Turbine
Saw some over the last few days with a Generator body that was bery short - but large diameter. They seemed big machines - rather than domestic ones. Any ideas why the different design?
6
6

Bang!
"Air freshener causes car to explode in B&Q car park in Southend." Could have happened with anything, a spark from the ignition key etc. Air fresheners shouldn't be giving off explosive gases!
16
16

Washing machine water supply
We've just got a new washer/dryer that's a bit too smart, and keeps complaining that there's a problem with the water supply. I know our mains has poor flow, although the pressure is good, because...
10
10

Overloaded power supply update
New up-rated PSU arrived for the pond filter. Only thing is it's got different plastic connectors. I was thinking of making up conversion leads to keep the original plugs fitted to wires so the system...
4
4

Bathroom basins and vanity cupboards
I'm trying to get a new bathroom fitted and I'm having difficulty knowing what the options are for the basin. There's a 150cm gap on the long wall of the bathroom between the short wall and the end of...
2
2

EOGB make useless filters
I replaced the two filters in my boiler's oil supply. As a result the boiler had difficulty lighting, did not always run properly and made a futting noise when it stopped. In the past I have always...

D-I-Y Fruit Ripening
You know the sort of thing. Ripen in the bowl fruit in supermarkets. How to get the inner part ripe before the outer part has gone rotten. So far I have tried RTFM - Instructions - "Place in fruit...
80
80

B&Q oddity
Lamp batten with switch £1.50 Lamp batten without switch £2.50 Eh!? and to make things even worse: Lamp batten (w/o switch) plus flex and ceiling rose £2.50 I went to Wickes (didn't save anything...
24
24

No More Nails type stuff
I'm going to be lining out the shower room walls with Marmox to get over the dodgy plaster and the heavy-ish tiles... The mechanical fixings will be primarily stainless screws into the blockwork...
10
10

battery tools are crap
It sounds so attractive! No power cord! Use it where there's no mains! But battery tools are rubbish compared to 110V or mains ones. Now I don't do site work any more I can buy mains powered tools,...
65
65

Baxi Solo 2 50 PF G.C.N.o41 077 73
I have just had a new pump fitted to my central heating system and all works perfectly , hot water and central heating , but the plumber said he had a shock when the electrics were switched off , an...
4
4

[SOLVED] Bosch Dishwasher not heating - E09 (solved)
Not actually a question, just summarising. Bosch Exxcel SMS65E32GB/98 dishwasher tripped the RCD once, and subsequentl y would run a full cycle but show E09 at the end - and didn't heat the wate r at...
9
9

lude for a hand held blender
We have a "stick" type handheld blender that's given many years of service. I've noticed recently when washing it that the blade is much harder to turn by hand than it used to be. I say say water has...
14
14