Overloaded power supply update

New up-rated PSU arrived for the pond filter. Only thing is it's got different plastic connectors.

I was thinking of making up conversion leads to keep the original plugs fitted to wires so the system could always be reverted back to factory standard in the future but I've failed in my search to find the right plugs/sockets.

Both PSU's are pictures side by side on the following

Old on the left, new on the right. Any ideas on where/what to look for and are these type of connectors made to standard sizes? I can't just reverse the plugs as the new PSU has the "latch" for each "clip" on the outer face of the plastic.

Could fit new plugs to the existing leads but still need to find a source for the correct plugs.

Can't re-solder old fitting to new board as it wouldn't fit.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom. :)

Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

They are called PCB interconnects the ones there are the actual plugs or mo re commonly referred to as headers. Ideally you want to match manufacturers headers and sockets but because the pin spacings are standardised at 0.1" other makes will often fit it's just that they will not clip into place whi ch may not be an issue if the devices are not subject to vibration.

Might be a good place to start although eBay may be your cheapest option.

There may be a reason the orientation tabs are reversed on the new PSU, as the component layout is different so the PCB will be different therefore to get the connectors in the same position on the PCB the pin connections may have been reassigned. I think I would check with the manufacturer you do n ot want to release the "magic smoke" again.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Reply to
newshound

Didn't think of that. AC side shouldn't make any difference and DC output I can check before hooking it up as I still have the "new" underpowered PSU

Now I've managed to change the plastic parts over I can always whip 'em off and rotate them if needs be.

Cheers - Pete

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I suppose AC Hertz more than DC.