No More Nails type stuff

I'm going to be lining out the shower room walls with Marmox to get over the dodgy plaster and the heavy-ish tiles...

The mechanical fixings will be primarily stainless screws into the blockwork behind the plaster.

I'd like to give it a squirt of adhesive too, just to make it feel "solid".

Marmox say any solvent free (otherwise it eats the foam core) no more nails type product.

So, which is a good one these days? Want something that actually sets, moderate grab would be handy, but with a bit of time before it goes hard so I can make sure the sheets are flat.

Reply to
Tim Watts

CT1 power grab & bond, and forget the screws?

I've used the normal CT1 for a horizontal application (soldier row of paving blocks on drive) and nothing has moved ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The screws are rather the point as the plaster is crap :)

But thanks for the product - I'd not heard of that one...

That is impressive!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes, I allowed some semi-cowboy pavers to do my paths and drive, my drive is higher than my neighbours by a few inches, and they simply bedded the edging row onto/into concrete made with grit-sand, I thought it would "go" and argued with them at the time, it lasted one winter before the whole drive started to open up and "walk", but was worst where the front wheels applied sideways pressure when manoeuvring.

I tracked down the CT1 as the grippiest acrylic I could buy and it's been fine for two years since. As you say, it's impressive that it it has resisted movement.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Water based no nails are acrylic, which turns to gloop when it stays wet. Not ideal for a shower room.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I too re-lined part of my en-suite with Marmox to increase the mechanical l oading capacity of the wall. Primary fixings were with the approved Marmox mechanical fixings and load-spreading washers. I also used some (Mapei) qui ck setting flexible adhesive to fix the boards to my existing walls. Use si licone between the gaps of the Marmox boards *just* incase you get any wate r ingress.

Reply to
Kevin H

The one I linked to is shown being used underwater ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thank you - I will seal my gaps - and I'll put the scrim tape over too.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes, CT1 is quite different to acrylic.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Sorry, I though it was acrylic based, but I see their blurb says "Hybrid Polymer" and the MSDS shows some silicone-related and god knows what

"Bis(1,2,2,6,6-pentamethyl-4-piperidyl) sebacate and Methyl 1,2,2,6,6-pentamethyl-4-piperidyl sebacate, N-(3-(trimethoxysilyl)propyl)ethylenediamine, N-[3-(dimethoxymethylsilyl)propyl]ethylenediamine, dioctyltinbis(acetylacetonate)" is

Reply to
Andy Burns

That would explain why I just couldn't remember what it was based on :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr