Removing No-More-Nails from Skirting

Hi all

I put down laminate in the lad's bedroom and had to take it up for plumbing/wiring work :(. As a result I now have a line of adhesive on the face of the skirting where the quadrant bead was stuck. Because of the naff construction of the upper walls I really don't want to try and replace the skirting. How can I get the adhesive off the painted skirting - will a blow lamp work? Any other great ideas (other than moving house that is)?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Careful use of a chisel should do it.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Thinners, but of course take precautions using it indoors! Isopropanol should also work but very slowly.

Reply to
EricP

I would have thought that a paint scraping razor blade might also work.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

BTW did you manage to fix your DW at all?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

"Pete C" wrote

DW - say what?

Reply to
TheScullster

Sorry, DW = dishwasher

cheers Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

"Pete C" wrote >>>

Unfortunately not! It's making some strange noises and when the program dial is showing wash mode, there is no water circulating and the heating element is glowing red hot! It seems to work correctly for the first "phase" i e takes water in and swooshes. The drain pump also appears to work. My understanding of the workings and internals of these things is limited so we're back with the washing up bowl and fairy :(.

Thanks for asking though and if you've got any ideas I'd be glad to hear them :). Already had the programmer replaced once and as it's 5 years old, doesn't warrant any more cash.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster